Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Replying to Topic 'It's here!! It's here!!'

Applejax are you waiting for the hatch or are you getting a sedan? I can't remember if you ever told us.

I'm sure I'll have to wait till tomorrow for an answer cause right now it's about 11:00pm EST and I assume you've probably already snuck into the local dealer's lot..have pulled up a lawn chair.. and intend on drooling till daybreak.

:D

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Actually, I'm debating how I can swing the 5am meteor shower and still be prepared for work (I have a responsibility tomorrow I really shouldn't miss). I hate conforming to society!

But to answer your question; as much as I would love to get my hands on the hatch, it looks like it may be the sedan for us. One baby and a pregnant wife doesn't give us the luxury of waiting.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I have good news for you, Applejax. The Sedan, as you know, has the same trunk space (or even larger) than the hatch.

The good news is that the opening isn't really one of those mailbox openings some cars have. You can get a stroller in there (but it's more to it than in the hatch).

Ofcourse, it may so be you can't have the largest stroller in the world, but the space is sufficient. And this car is so great you probably won't mind the extra trouble anyway. I'm really looking forward to hear your comments after you've seen it live. I really do.:)

·
Registered
62 Posts

Stop talking like that, you're making us neighbours in the North (Canada) squirm with anticipation!:p :p :p

I can't wait for the day I can say "hey, it's in Canada"!!!! About the hatch vs. sedan issue: speaking from experience, I have had 2 hatches in my life, and let me tell you they don't feel "tight" at all. After about 3 years, the hatch just loosens up and squeaks! Having a sedan the car just feels better and stiffer!

Just my opinion...;) :)

·
Registered
319 Posts

Originally posted by Danno

Stop talking like that, you're making us neighbours in the North (Canada) squirm with anticipation!:p :p :p  

I can't wait for the day I can say "hey, it's in Canada"!!!!  About the hatch vs. sedan issue: speaking from experience, I have had 2 hatches in my life, and let me tell you they don't feel "tight" at all.  After about 3 years, the hatch just loosens up and squeaks!  Having a sedan the car just feels better and stiffer!

Just my opinion...;) :)[/b]
Just curious, what cars were those hatches and what years were they? My guess, hatch rigidity has increased dramatically over the years. My RSX is a hatchback, and if feels solid as a rock.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Yeah - I was wondering what hatches are being referred to. My '87 RX7 was always solid, and my wife's celica hatch has no issues to speak of, either (crossing fingers).

·
Registered
62 Posts

I'm referring to my 1987 Mustang LX hatch as well as my current car, a 2000 Hyundai Tiburon. Not sure about you guys, but when it's freezing outside (say below 0 degrees celcius); all you hear are squeaks and rattles. Well in the summer also. But then again, these aren't "fabulous" cars to say the least.

I just heard that overall, sedans are more solid than hatchbacks, but I might be wrong. I'm pretty sure I will go with a sedan this time around, because they almost look the same (advantage goes to hatch) and I don't want another hatch anyways... I want to be able to put my hockey equipment in my trunk and not smell it! ;)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I just heard that overall, sedans are more solid than hatchbacks, but I might be wrong.[/b]
No, if you heard it, you heard it... but the statement itself is wrong. I know this for a fact, at least when it comes to Mazda hatchbacks. They are rock solid also.

I'm pretty sure I will go with a sedan this time around, because they almost look the same (advantage goes to hatch) and I don't want another hatch anyways... I want to be able to put my hockey equipment in my trunk and not smell it!  ;)[/b]
That's a point we can't refuse. Sports equipment doesn't smell too nice! (Especially hockey gear that you really can't put in the washer...at all or at least not all the time). This is also why I see no future for smell-TV...:sarc

OT: PS. (Going for the NHL, huh?):D

·
Registered
305 Posts

Never had any squeaks or rattles from my 89 Ford Probe hatch, even when the car was 11 years old.

(Built in the same factory as the Mazda6, by the way. Never had a Mazda part fail on it, just some of the Ford junk. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts

Well I REALLY hope that I am wrong on this one! Let's hope the hatch is one solid car!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

But then again, these aren't "fabulous" cars to say the least.[/b]
No no, those are two FINE examples of automotive excellence. :sarc

I'm just playing with you Danno. If you're basing your decision on the stinky hockey equipment issue then fine. But if it's based on your experience with those two cars, then perhaps you might take a step back and listen to what others' experience has been.

J

·
0 Posts

HAHAH u must be in houston area like me. I got my e-mail and if you go to mazdausa.com then put in your zipcode it will show what dealership has the mazda6 and what kind of mazda 6 as well. so far the jeff haas is the only one with v6 model and 1 v-6 manuel transmission rest are auto so im go now to get bwuhahah. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts