Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally did it! After a breakup, what else is there to do? I've been trolling on this board almost as long as anybody. Flew from LV to Mazda of Thousand Oaks, Ca. The car was $27.3 before t&l... MSRP was $33.9. I mainly did it for my sanity. I majorly obsess over cars in general, and this one in particular, and simply did for too long. There comes a time...

The build date was 01/06 and it had 6 miles. Sooo LOTS of sitting. What do you guys think? Any issues this could cause. I think the sales guy let it idle a bit to charge the battery, but I think was for too long (I wasn't there at the time) because the CEL came on when I left, although it did go away after a while and hasn't come back... so that kinda bothered me, even though I know he was trying to help. Everything runs fine so far. Power has been real smooth. Definately miss my VR6's sound but I'll somehow manage :p . The steering wheel seems to be bit to the right and the car even seems to be tracking that way, maybe it's just me. Owning a VW has made me overly sensitive perhaps, but it also means that I could deal with a visit to the Service Dept. every now and then, so we'll see. I am a bit scared to go because I don't wan't them to do a reflash behind my back if it's not nesessary. Sorry for jamming in all these topics into one post, but I've been around for so long and I'm just real excited to finally be a full-on member of the community. Good luck to everybody here-on-out, and have some fun along the way!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
Congrats on the buy!

On the steering thing, mine was same build date. I too had the same off centered steering wheel and highway drift.

Took it back to the dealer, they said they performed a front lower sub frame adjustment per a factory TSB and an alignment. Now the steering wheel is off centered to the other side and drifts to the other side! :irate: :irate:

Problem is my selling dealer is over 100 miles round trip and the local dealer doesn't perform wheel alignments on Saturdays. (my day off)

Make sure you get it taken care of and insist on driving it with a tech when picking it up.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Congrats! 11/05 build date here, and I just got mine only a couple months ago. If anything, my wheel is just a hair to the left, but the car drives nice and straight.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Congrats, as for your reflash. I believe that because it is now a recall on the car the dealership has to reflash the car before you get it. I'd bet your car was flashed before you got it.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Congrats! I just picked mine up on Oct 16th. I wasn't as lucky as you to take delivery on a nice sunny day though. I picked it up on a cold rainy night and it rained consecutively for the next 7 days. :swearin:

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Yeah, congrats and have fun!

My build date is 7/03 and... oh wait, it's YOU MS6 people. GRR! :p

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats. Wow, that is a long time for a car to be sitting. It's amazing it only had 6 miles. Look at it this way, it's better to get a car with fewer miles than a car that been test driven hard.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Congrats! I just picked mine up on Oct 16th. I wasn't as lucky as you to take delivery on a nice sunny day though. I picked it up on a cold rainy night and it rained consecutively for the next 7 days. :swearin:
[/b]
Strange same day I bought mine.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
WOOT and congrats! And stop the worries! Car is awsome.. and good... go enjoy it!

If you look for problems you're gonna find em.. on ANY car you buy / own. I test drove new BMW 335i... supposed to be really nice.... Shift linkage was really loose and crapy feeling... didn't shift well.... didn't feel sporty... didn't feel turbo.... didn't feel like 40,000 for base model.. and up to 45,000 with options... lol...

In fact I like my speed6 more (the bmw looks better however)... Point is... Its a great car... mazda doesn't have the best rep... but they did a fine job with this one!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts