Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally decided to end my relationship with my speed 6. Its been a good 8 years, but i am tired of the maintenance of a car with 125,000 miles.

New car is a 2017 Ford Focus RS. The Speed has not yet been sold, and i may hold on to it for a few weeks to see what the market is like.. There are 3 for sale currently in San Diego, which i feel is crazy because i have only seen 3-4 here since i bought mine 8 years ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did all maintenance from the time i got it at 45k, miles. The maintenance issues have been normal for what i would consider a 12 year old car.

The issues mainly just started recently. I have had multiple oil leaks (from the filter housing mostly, until i replaced it with the aftermarket spin on tuype). Most of the rubber parts have started needing replacing. Vacuum tubes etc.

I have also had a bad string of luck with mechanics. I brought it to my local Mazda dealer for an issue, and they stripped the BOV housing(which is connected to the intercooler). They also did not tighten the hose clamps in multiple places.

In general, it is and has been a great car, but its just starting to get old. I hear rattles / creaks from the dash. the leather is worn etc.

I also have always wanted a hatchback, but couldnt afford the car i really wanted at the time. I also have always wanted to upgrade the performance, but aftermarket parts on the speed 6 seem a bit overpriced ( due to the rareness of the car)

overall, i just hit the right time to make the change.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Good luck. I have been trying to sell my 88k mile super clean well maintained Speed6 for $7k & no one seems to want these cars.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Good luck. I have been trying to sell my 88k mile super clean well maintained Speed6 for $7k & no one seems to want these cars.
I wouldn’t say nobody wants them, you appear to have yours priced at the extreme high end of its value. The sweet spot for that year model with 88k Miles is between $5,500 - $5,995.

I have sold ALOT of cars over the years, and you can either hold out for top dollar or make a quick sale by pricing them right.

Remember that a 12 year old car with over 88k Miles is probably going to be purchased by a parent for a new teen driver, and they are looking for a deal.

Not only is $5,900 the more accurate KBB value, but the psychological affect of $5,995 vs $7,000 comes into play as well.
Good luck

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I wouldn’t say nobody wants them, you appear to have yours priced at the extreme high end of its value. The sweet spot for that year model with 88k Miles is between $5,500 - $5,995.

I have sold ALOT of cars over the years, and you can either hold out for top dollar or make a quick sale by pricing them right.

Remember that a 12 year old car with over 88k Miles is probably going to be purchased by a parent for a new teen driver, and they are looking for a deal.

Not only is $5,900 the more accurate KBB value, but the psychological affect of $5,995 vs $7,000 comes into play as well.
Good luck
Yea, look at the ones for $5k. Rust, beat, highly modded, etc. I'm priced right. Remember, 88k miles is low mileage for a 12 year old car. They want a deal? This is a deal.
KBB is a joke for car values. Especially specialty cars. Also, NADA has $7,775 for my MS6. Go look at what KBB says for Fox 5.0 Notch & then go try to buy a nice one for that money. I'll wait...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts