Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a big Mazda fan and after selling my mx-6 I thought of buying a MS6. I couldn't because I moved from europe to USA. So the first car I bought here is a 2004 WRX that nobody wanted and I had a good deal :). And know I still have the MS6 in my mind but I'm asking myself if it's worth it to change. I just looked at the spec of both car: WRX 0-60 5.7seconds - MS6 0-60 close to 7 seconds. I know there's other facts to consider too but tell be honestly what do you think. I din't test drive the MS6 but I already looked close to it (and inside) at a car dealer and I give a plus to the MS6 for the exterior-interior look.

·
Registered
177 Posts
i woould go MS6 as they are more comfotable inside. The wrx is a nice car, but for me personally, the MS6's move me. something about the look, and the WRX just reminds me of a rice-racer. not to say they are bad cars, they are not at all, but after test driving a legacy and a mazda 6, the 6 won me over in a heartbeat, and the legacy was gonna have to work for my love

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Most of the reviews I have read, both online and in magazines, of the ms6 have had 0-60 times of under or maybe .1 sec. above 6 seconds. The best I have seen is a 5.4 0-60 by car and driver, I think? You may have looked at the MPS's stats, as it is quoted around 6.6 sec.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Check your specs...the 2004 Mazda 6s (not Mazdaspeed) does 0-60 in 6.4 (C & D). The Mazdaspeed's 0-60 time is 6.2 (C & D est.), but in reality, it is closer to 5.7 sec (Road and Track IIRC)

It sounds like you are doing some research, but 0-60 times are not the best way to decide a car purchase.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Both are fun cars, but if you want to carry some people (max 2, and make sure they don't both weight 300 lbs each) in the back comfortably, take the MS6. If it's just going to be you and maybe someone else, think of it this way, the MS6 performs well stock, but the aftermarket for the MS6 just isn't there yet. If you really want to mod you car now, take the WRX. Besides, this community seems to appreciate having a not so common car.

·
Registered
177 Posts
thats something i qould agree with also. where i live, in boise idaho, i have seen MAYBE 4 mazda 6's. i love standing out in a crowd, but there a zillion WRX's.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Most of the reviews I have read, both online and in magazines, of the ms6 have had 0-60 times of under or maybe .1 sec. above 6 seconds. The best I have seen is a 5.4 0-60 by car and driver, I think? You may have looked at the MPS's stats, as it is quoted around 6.6 sec.
[/b]

Yers I looked at the MPS stats. So the MPS in the euro version and MS6 the US version right ? The US version seems to be more powerfull right ?
I looked at the stats given in europe it's where I looked at the Mazda 6 MPS (how we called there)

·
Registered
691 Posts
thats something i qould agree with also. where i live, in boise idaho, i have seen MAYBE 4 mazda 6's. i love standing out in a crowd, but there a zillion WRX's.
[/b]
And those are just 6's. How many of those are Mazdaspeed 6's?

·
Registered
979 Posts
I was looking at both cars when I made my decision, I drove them both the same day And I have to tell you the WRX in my opinion was a fast econobox.. mt MS6 is luxury fast.. but spped should not be your deciding factor.. You need to weigh all factors. I personally hated the WRX after I drove it, buit to each his own. I prefer luxury to blahhhhh...

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hi, I'm a big Mazda fan and after selling my mx-6 I thought of buying a MS6. I couldn't because I moved from europe to USA. So the first car I bought here is a 2004 WRX that nobody wanted and I had a good deal :). And know I still have the MS6 in my mind but I'm asking myself if it's worth it to change. I just looked at the spec of both car: WRX 0-60 5.7seconds - MS6 0-60 close to 7 seconds. I know there's other facts to consider too but tell be honestly what do you think. I din't test drive the MS6 but I already looked close to it (and inside) at a car dealer and I give a plus to the MS6 for the exterior-interior look.
[/b]
0-60 in 7 seconds? Maybe with powerloss. Mazda quotes 6.1 seconds to 60 and they underrated the performance. 5.4 seconds is the best time and is apparently, according to people who have taken it to the track, easily reproducible.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for your comments I think I'll go ahead with the MS6. For me it was always the best car that mix luxury and power but I was not sure how better it's than the WRX.
Your posts helped me in my decision.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I'm a mazda fan as well but at last, you're going to get biased opinions coming on a mazda forum.

My advice would be to test drive and decide for yourself. The WRX is more tossable and probably autocrosses better than a MS6.

But you'll have to decide for youself the trade-offs as most people don't autocross on public streets on a daily basis. The MS6 is more refined than a WRX, but that may or may not be important to you as a daily driver.

Having said that, some reviews still complain that the suspension is too hard -- even compared against a regular 6 which compared to an Camry/Accord is already considered too hard.

ps. Why did no one want the WRX you bought now?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Glad to hear that. But it walks away already on 0-60 or only on higher speed ?
[/b]
up to 80, but was ahead at 60.

As a side note, I let another friend that has a WRX drive the MS6, and he wishes his WRX had this kind of low end. He's always complaining about the lag/bogging on his 2.0.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
About this Discussion
50 Replies
26 Participants
sea6speed
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing