Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i was just minding my business on my way home and realised that, i was actually fighting the urge to smash my gas pedal to the floor. And the more think about, well i want to just gun it all the time. It is like the car wants it and that i want it too..... sick right. Any how here is my Question do always feel like pushing this car of ours?

PS: i think i am addicted to a car :huh: :goon: weird..... i love this car

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have the same problem too... I am almost 30 and I know its stuipd to WOT the car at every stop light, but I can't stop doing that !!! But for some reason I hardly WOT my WRX...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same problem too... I am almost 30 and I know its stuipd to WOT the car at every stop light, but I can't stop doing that !!! But for some reason I hardly WOT my WRX...
[/b]

my Wife as a Legacy GT but i am so diffrent in that car, unreal

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I get the same damn feeling haha, my gf is like -_- when I mash on the gas unexpectingly.

Love this thing to death.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi all, i was just minding my business on my way home and realised that, i was actually fighting the urge to smash my gas pedal to the floor. And the more think about, well i want to just gun it all the time. It is like the car wants it and that i want it too..... sick right. Any how here is my Question do always feel like pushing this car of ours?
PS: i think i am addicted to a car :huh: :goon: weird..... i love this car[/b]
Man I understand that. I **LOVE** this car. I love to race, go fast and take the on/off ramps as fast as she can go. I just got my car last month... I traded in a 2000 Jeep Cherokee so man this is so different. I hated driving that Jeep. It's like I just got my driver's license again LOL

I am in love with my MS6 :love:

·
Registered
967 Posts
I'm with you guys. I usually try and take it easy with an occassional mush of the pedal, but when I'm on less than a quarter tank. I think "Well, I've got to fill up soon anyway." Then it becomes a race to see how fast I can get the light to come on. :drive: :D

·
Registered
940 Posts
It can be helped..... Maybe when you are older you will not always feel like you are in the Indy 500 (or at a dragstrip) when a light turns green. ;)

That being said, you bought a performance sedan for a reason - if you never got on it, what would be the point of having it?? :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
:yesnod: I agree with all of you, except the getting older one. I just got the car 2 1/2 weeks ago so I have to "nice" to the car and its like the car is prodding me to go faster. Everytime I give alittle more gas than usual I feel this big smile come across my face!! So far I appsolutly love this car and cant wait until I get out of the breakin period.

·
Registered
94 Posts
This car is a blast to drive! I just got out of the break in period so let the fun begin. Working on heal-toe downshifting.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I disagree with the theory that the urge dissapates as you get older, I'm in my late thirties and I have to resist the urge to mash the throttle constantly. I couldn't resist it a few weeks ago and a local police officer helped quell the urge with a $200 speeding ticket!!!

Although, being older, and a professional businessman helped me convince the magistrate that it would be a detriment to society to revoke my license (going 70 in a 35mph zone). Therefore, I was issued a $200 ticket for littering - which I gladly paid.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My favorite part of road trips has become stopping to get gas b/c it means I can hit it on the straight ¼ mile on-ramps to get back on the highway. I’m excited about going down to my parents for thanksgiving on Weds cause it means I get another chance to get some gas on I-87.

Boy, that makes me sound like a loser ;p

-G

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I disagree with the theory that the urge dissapates as you get older, I'm in my late thirties and I have to resist the urge to mash the throttle constantly. I couldn't resist it a few weeks ago and a local police officer helped quell the urge with a $200 speeding ticket!!!

Although, being older, and a professional businessman helped me convince the magistrate that it would be a detriment to society to revoke my license (going 70 in a 35mph zone). Therefore, I was issued a $200 ticket for littering - which I gladly paid.
[/b]

Well on that bon shell i rest my case,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :yesnod:

·
Registered
940 Posts

[/b]
70 in a 35?!?!? Maybe I should replace older with more mature in my original statement. Let me guess, it was an abandoned road in the middle of nowhere where people were not allowed, right?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I formerly had this problem with the MS6, but a few things helped calm me down.

1. 83 in a 60.
2. 55 in a 35.
3. NE Ohio Winter
4. ScanGauge II. Now that I can see how much fuel I'm using moment to moment, my new goal is to make the gallons per hour number as small as possible, rather than trying to make the needle on the right go as high as possible.

·
Registered
967 Posts
70 in a 35?!?!? Maybe I should replace older with more mature in my original statement. Let me guess, it was an abandoned road in the middle of nowhere where people were not allowed, right?
[/b]

I formerly had this problem with the MS6, but a few things helped calm me down.

1. 83 in a 60.
2. 55 in a 35.
3. NE Ohio Winter
4. ScanGauge II. Now that I can see how much fuel I'm using moment to moment, my new goal is to make the gallons per hour number as small as possible, rather than trying to make the needle on the right go as high as possible.
[/b]
Booooooo, what fun are ya'll? :zzz: :p

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well guys I am looking forward to this. I am curently thinking of getting rid of my 6s 5 door and getting a speed 3. Nothing against the 6 but I like having the hatch better. I cant wait this would be my first turbo car. Atleast I am staying with the family right!

·
Registered
34 Posts
[/b]
Yep, I know, it was far from responsible. Older doesn't equal greater maturity! I really should have known better - not because I got caught, but because it was a needless risk.

Actually, it wasn't an abondon road, it's a fairly busy road, but I was the only one on it at the time. The road is a 4-lane divided highway that snakes between 2 mountains. If it were straight it would be a 55 or 65mph zone.

I knew that I was going faster than the speed limit, yet I couldn't believe I was going 70! Not that it's an excuse, but the car really felt like it was going much slower.

I felt the $200 fine was appropriate for the level of stupidity I exercised that afternoon.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I've had my speed6 for a week and I love the thing. In fact, Another two weeks and I'll probably have to get my first oil change.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep, I know, it was far from responsible. Older doesn't equal greater maturity! I really should have known better - not because I got caught, but because it was a needless risk.

Actually, it wasn't an abondon road, it's a fairly busy road, but I was the only one on it at the time. The road is a 4-lane divided highway that snakes between 2 mountains. If it were straight it would be a 55 or 65mph zone.

I knew that I was going faster than the speed limit, yet I couldn't believe I was going 70! Not that it's an excuse, but the car really felt like it was going much slower.

I felt the $200 fine was appropriate for the level of stupidity I exercised that afternoon.
[/b]

Tuckbar , i feel all of what you are saying, but the main thing i get and that summe up this car what you say and i quote"I knew that I was going faster than the speed limit, yet I couldn't believe I was going 70! Not that it's an excuse, but the car really felt like it was going much slower." what a great tastement and it is true no matter what speed it always feels like ur going slower in that car and that is scary........ :swearin:
But i love it

·
Registered
273 Posts
Well guys I am looking forward to this. I am curently thinking of getting rid of my 6s 5 door and getting a speed 3. Nothing against the 6 but I like having the hatch better. I cant wait this would be my first turbo car. Atleast I am staying with the family right!
[/b]
I'd say go with the MS6.

In my 12 years of driving I've literally owned like 30 cars (don't make me list them all), I've often owned more than one at a time and several times bought new cars only to trade them in again after 6 months.

I was on a hunt for the perfect car and none meet all my requirements.

1. Must be RWD or AWD.
2. Power must be LBS/HP < 15 (IE: 3589/274 = 13) or the upgradeability to achieve this.
3. Hatchback
4. Foreign import car (not american, sorry USA, but I don't like your cars).
(OPTIONAL)
5. Turbo is a serious bonus
6. Sporty 4dr is a serious bonus

In my quest, I owned a 2004 Mazda3 (that was four cars and two motorcycles ago). I loved the Mazda3, but not enough power and the front wheels couldn't handle the little power it had. The MS3 has great power but still FWD with torque limitation for the first 3 gears. My fear of this is what made me choose the MS6. The computer decides how much power to put to the FWD system and you can't turn it off. If you do, you won't be able to control the car. Damn if only they made the MS3 AWD it would have been EVERYTHING I EVER WANTED... The MS6 is F'ing close and I LOVE IT. My desire for the perfect car has been satisfied. MS6 all the way.

The MS6 meets all my requirements except the hatchback. Turns out I don't miss it too much. I do wish they made the MS6 in hatchback form though...

Other cars that came close (in order owned):
1983 Mercury Capri 3.8L Hatchback (Not bad for an 80s America car)
1983 Toyota Starlet
1979 Nissan 280zx Turbo
1991 Nissan 240sx Hatchback
1991 Toyota Supra Turbo
1997 BMW 328i

1 - 20 of 42 Posts