Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my speed6 seems to be developing dull spots on the hood, especially above the turbo. i waxed today, and the paint still looks hazy. this car also seems to scratch easily.

it's black cherry mica & my first dark car. i don't know if this is normal. the dull spot above the turbo concerns me a bit. the car has 4,600 miles and i always idle the car for at least 30-60 before shut down. anyone else notice paint conditions?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm no expert but I'd say its heat damage. Hoodliner may help keep it from gettin worse.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i want to assume it's from the heat, but i'm trying not to jump to conclusions.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well its worse over the hot turbo so I think it maybe but wait till some experts come in and let us know. :D

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Mazda is very interested in every issue with this vehicle. I would suggest you take the car to the local dealership and have them take some low angle pic's of the hood.
There is a regional tech based just outside of Atlanta. They will decide if the problem is the paint or the heat ducting.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
car scratches very easily in my opinion - i have a velocity red. wondering what the best way to fix chips is?

looking to purchase paint and clear coat repair from

http://www.paintscratch.com/

and tools from

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=50310

but maybe ill try to score some free paint from mazda next time i'm at the dealership. I've heard several people on this forum mention that mazda shipped them complimentary paint. wish they shipped me some.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have certainly noticed that this car scratches easy. I have several spots on my car that I not have to get properly fixed. I will take pictures of them tomorrow. Not quite sure where they have all come from but it seems that if I even just look at my car, it gets a scratch there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My Black Cherry Mica also seems to have a lot of micro scratches. Haven't noticed dull color on the hood, but will look! I'm paranoid to take it anywhere to get washed now. I'm thinking of going to a body shop to look into clear coat or some kind of protectant.

I was talking to a guy who just bought an Aston Martin DB9 (!!) and he had the entire car and wheels coated with some aircraft grade protectant. He said he can wash off all dirt and brake dust jsut with water. I felt the coating just with my finger, and it was amazing. He probably paid as much as my MS6 for it :)

I tried autopia.org once and got lost. Anyway I'd appreciate any tips. I absolutely love the color of this car, and want it to look excellent for years. Also I want it to be kinda robust so i can simply go through a decent car wash (two young kids, no time for hand washing anymore...). But in the meantime, it's dirty b/c I'm paranoid I'll get more scratches when I get it washed ....argh

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i've only taken mine to a car wash once, and noticed several light scratches afterwards. i intend on hand washing for now. i just waxed the car, so i may try the car wash again. the wax did help eliminate most of those micro-sratches.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Paint recall we all get free paint jobs. :laugh: Oh how we wish. :nana:

·
Registered
583 Posts
(two young kids, no time for hand washing anymore...). [/b]

do like my dad when i was litle and make them little buggers wash the car with you. i used to love it. i was incharge of the rims and my guess is their little hands will works wonders on our stock rims.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Yes, I have never seen a car chip/scratch as easily as this car.
Very frustrating, at this rate it will need a new paint job every year!

·
Registered
595 Posts
My Black Cherry Mica also seems to have a lot of micro scratches. Haven't noticed dull color on the hood, but will look! I'm paranoid to take it anywhere to get washed now. I'm thinking of going to a body shop to look into clear coat or some kind of protectant.

I was talking to a guy who just bought an Aston Martin DB9 (!!) and he had the entire car and wheels coated with some aircraft grade protectant. He said he can wash off all dirt and brake dust jsut with water. I felt the coating just with my finger, and it was amazing. He probably paid as much as my MS6 for it :)

I tried autopia.org once and got lost. Anyway I'd appreciate any tips. I absolutely love the color of this car, and want it to look excellent for years. Also I want it to be kinda robust so i can simply go through a decent car wash (two young kids, no time for hand washing anymore...). But in the meantime, it's dirty b/c I'm paranoid I'll get more scratches when I get it washed ....argh
[/b]

maybe he had the car detailed with Zaino. It is not a wax, and a multi-step system. It lasts so much longer, and each subsequent coat you put on layers over the coats you have on there already. It is by far better then every other wax you could put on your car. Check it out at http://www.zainostore.com/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
stl_ls1gto
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing