Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

First time poster here...need some help.

I went and installed my new Dice iPod Integration Kit into my 2007 Mazda 6s this afternoon. After getting everything plugged in, I started to try and mess around with the headunit (HU) satellite controls, but I'm just plum confused. Not to mention that I can't seem to do much from the wheel controls. I was hoping to be able to advance through songs from there, but is this not the case? :huh:

At the moment, I have it set to just be controlled from my iTouch because I know that works. I'm hoping someone that has this model can assist me with any necessary DIP switch settings and how to maneuver through the iPod using the wheel and/or HU controls. I tried calling the tech support number, but no dice (haha) on anyone answering my call/VM.

Many thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
you want to leave the car 'dip switches' in the OFF positon. as for the ipod switches, you're going to have to mess with the switches until the steering controls work. i left the ipod switches in the ON position since it's WAYY easier to change playlists etc using the ipod vs h/u buttons.

i had one in my first 6, and for whatever reason while i was skipping songs via the steering wheel. i hit the end of a playlist and the steering controls never worked again after that. unplugging/resetting the unit didn't do anything, so i said f it and used the ipod for all controls after that. and thats the reason i sold it with the car and got a different brand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts