Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to start a list of known issues with the car.

New issues, past (resolved or unresolved) issues, etc.

Keep it simple, so we don't have to go scrolling through a bunch of nonsense to find what we're looking for.
Post links to other threads if they're available.

Maybe as issues are found, we can post the MFG date of the car or what mods have been done etc.

I've only had my car 3 weeks yet it was built 18 months ago.
Its hard to go looking around for issues when I don't know they exist.

Thanks, I'm hoping this will get pinned for convenience.

Example...

ISSUE: Temporary Power Loss
SOLUTION: PCM - Reflash
NOTE: Not everyone is happy with this fix.
LINK: 51366

ISSUE: Rear Axle/Diff breakage
SOLUTION: Unknown
LINK: 63206, 62508

ISSUE: Window Auto up/down
SOLUTION: Unknown
LINK: 62284

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
One touch for windows will open windows 1 inch and pause before finishing, and at times it will not finish opening.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
One touch for windows will open windows 1 inch and pause before finishing, and at times it will not finish opening. [/b]
That's not an issue, that's a feature. Check the manual :nana:

Chipping/Thin Paint
Use touch-up paint and wax wax wax

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
An inconsistency is not a feature. I've read the entire manual.

·
Registered
651 Posts
An inconsistency is not a feature. I've read the entire manual.
[/b]
Page 3-36 in the manual has info on the "Two-step down function" how to cancel and how to restore it. The window will open and stop 1 inch from the top with this feature enabled. I don't know if this is the same issue you are having or not.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
With the ignition on, they should always go down just an inch if you only press the button to the first position. You have to go to the second position of the window switch to get it all the way down. I'm sure you understand this, but just so I'm sure which issue you have...you're saying when you press the button allllll the way down it still stops at just the 5cm vent position?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Page 3-36 in the manual has info on the "Two-step down function" how to cancel and how to restore it. The window will open and stop 1 inch from the top with this feature enabled. I don't know if this is the same issue you are having or not.
[/b]
Sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't do it. That's the inconsistency.

With the ignition on, they should always go down just an inch if you only press the button to the first position. You have to go to the second position of the window switch to get it all the way down. I'm sure you understand this, but just so I'm sure which issue you have...you're saying when you press the button allllll the way down it still stops at just the 5cm vent position?
[/b]
You are correct sir. Sometimes it will stop there when I press the button alllll the way down and sometimes it will pause at that vent position and continue downward.

·
Registered
305 Posts
It's a tricky switch and I can see how someone might consider it inconsistant. It's as inconsistant as the person operating the switch (like how much is Allllll the way down???). Once you get used to it, it's a nice feature if you want to allow a little air flow without dropping your window all the way.

And I have no issues........ :D

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
It's a tricky switch and I can see how someone might consider it inconsistant. It's as inconsistant as the person operating the switch (like how much is Allllll the way down???). Once you get used to it, it's a nice feature if you want to allow a little air flow without dropping your window all the way.
And I have issues........ :D
[/b]
I always push it all the way. I hate having my windows open partially. It's either all or nothing.

I do recall reading another person's problem with this in the forums. They brought it in and the computer was reset and then no problem.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yeah, I saw that in the manual too. They are supposed to open just a gap by one touch. You have to hold it to lower the glass all the way. You may be able to turn off this feature somehow.

Trunk sensor for the intelligent keyless entry didn't work on me once when the car was frozen (partially my fault of washing the car when it was cold. I couldn't stand how dirty it was.:)). At first I pushed the button on the trunk, nothing happened. Then I used the request button on the door, it worked and the trunk was unlocked. Out of curiosity, I pushed the button on the trunk while it was opened. It beeped in the sequence to alert me something is still opened (the trunk duh!) So the button was fine. So I closed it and pushed the button again, nothing happened as if I don't have the keycard with me. Maybe the sensor was frozen?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm not sure if this is an issue either, but a few of us have had the problem of the auto up/down feature on the drivers door window stop working. Mine just started working fine again one day, and has ever since, but I never heard of a cause or fix.
thread

·
Registered
272 Posts
Problem: Climate control will reset back to factory default (ie auto on, temp in F)
Solution: unknown.

Problem: Clutch is a bear
Solution: adjust it...

Problem: You cannot lock out the trunk... ie if you give someone the valet key, then can unlock your trunk.

Problem: Some people have had the rear diff bolts come loose, and break the rear mount, causing the rear axle to break. Or the rear mount breaks, causing the bolts to come loose, and then breaks the rear axle.
Solution: none, yet.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I'm not sure if this is an issue either, but a few of us have had the problem of the auto up/down feature on the drivers door window stop working. Mine just started working fine again one day, and has ever since, but I never heard of a cause or fix.
thread
[/b]
^^^^^ Proof that I'm not crazy. Those bastards are faulty.

Problem: You cannot lock out the trunk... ie if you give someone the valet key, then can unlock your trunk.
[/b]
I'm pretty sure I read how to do that in the manual.

·
Registered
651 Posts
[/b]
This works fine for the GT. See this thread. For some reason it doesn't work on your Sport model. Someone else with a Sport follow the manual and see if it works for you. Somewhere around page 3-31 or 3-32.

·
Registered
651 Posts
These are mostly minor problems, but I still wanted them fixed.

Problem: Left rear brake rotor gouging/groove.
Solution: They did not replace it, they turned/machined the rotor.
See this thread.

Problem: Drivers side window clunks/slams when rolling up.
Solution: Tightened/torqued loose regulator bolts.
(this was back in July, seems to be happening again)
See this thread post #9 and #11

Problem: Small upper coolant reservoir hose leaking.
Solution: Found hose was not securely on subtank. Replaced radiator cap and subtank hose.
See this thread

Problem: Shift boot leaking grease/has a grease spot that keeps coming back.
Solution: They said they didn't notice any extra grease on the boot. Told me not to wipe it off next time and bring the car in. I never did wipe it off, they are blind.
See this thread and see this thread

Problem: I asked them to check for reflash updates, because I don't like the current flash and was hoping an update would help.
Solution: They found 3 updates. Paperwork says: "TSB to address MIL lamp on for P2407 code recalibration, performed flash update to PCM as per TSB 01-037/06 XXB416FX .3 1821" (whatever that means)

Problem: Small whitish (can't really tell color) puffs of smoke under acceleration.
Solution: They didn't see any smoke. That's because you won't see it unless you are in a different car behind the speed6, which I told them. They just don't listen. They didn't even check my plugs which I asked them to do, too. Well at least it's on record so if it happens again.
See this thread

Problem: Intermittent misfire/stumble around 3000 RPM's.
Solution: None, they could not duplicate.
See this thread and this thread

Problem: Intermittent clunky shifting.
Solution: During normal driving they could not duplicate. If it gets worse bring it back.
See this thread

Hope this helps anyone who has these problems or encourages folks on this board to check some of these things out before they turn into bigger problems.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Problem: Intermittent misfire/stumble around 3000 RMP's.
Solution: None, they could not duplicate.
See this thread and this thread

[/b]
If I ever get my car back from the dealer, I might be able to contribute more info on this one (seeing as the first thread is mine). I'm shooting for some time before 2009 at this rate. It could be a good sign though seeing as they are working with Mazda on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts