Mazda 6 Forums banner

1921 - 1940 of 2281 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
To dorn_nate:
I know they bake the lamps till the sealant goes off the you paint and put it back together using the same sealant that's on the lamps. Really tricky process but well worth it if done right.

To Gen2:
Good luck with your future mods bro the roof really look bad ass man! I keep the thread posted after i'm done with plasti dipping the emblems. Any tips bro:)
As much as i like the look of the headlights, do they work as good? i would assume they wouldn't be as bright?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good stuff on this thread. Although I must say, my absolute favorite mod is my LED trunk lights. The anemic bulb that Mazda put in the 2nd gen 6 is useless. I put one where the original light is and one on my tailgate to illuminate the surrounding area:
I might have to do this ...prepare yourself for the many questions if i don't find the answers on this thread haha.

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Your car look so much better with the hubcaps on Kyle!

I've decide to try and tint the lights this weekend and this is how it came out...
I've thought about this but i'm pretty sure i would not like what they do to the visibility of the headlights? is it a pretty big difference?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I've thought about this but i'm pretty sure i would not like what they do to the visibility of the headlights? is it a pretty big difference?
It depends on how much you tint them. I wouldn't tint them. I'd just do tail lights.

As for your other questions. The trunk light is amazing and almost required the light in there is tiny as hell. The trunk light is very easy as well. Just buy a converter from V-LED.com and wire led strips to it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
i like the drls. i just wish they were brighter and bit bigger. more like the loaded kia optima or the porsche drls.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i like the drls. i just wish they were brighter and bit bigger. more like the loaded kia optima or the porsche drls.
I finally got a chance to install the high intensity LEDs and take out the temporary LED strips. HUGE difference in brightness:

Before/After:
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1370142505.275433.jpg
And those pics are in broad daylight, vs the earlier pics in a garage. I can't wait to see how bright they look at night. I got high intensity, narrow-angle LEDs (15 degrees) so they would be functional lights, not just for looks. The new LEDs are so bright that even from 10 ft. away on a very bright day it hurts to look at them straight on. Much more similar to the aforementioned Optima and Porsche lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Looks awesome bro! Good job! Now all that's left to be done is drop her:)

Thanks! It's funny you mention that, because my new springs are supposed to arrive in the mail tomorrow! I will post pics after the install.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,932

·
Registered
1,140 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1370652928.854264.jpg
Freshly lowered on 1st Gen Megan Racing Springs. Rears are sitting a little high so i need to adjust them. Found a crack in my struts during the install and had to replace them (shout out to JC Whitney for overnight shipping!). Then today a screw came loose and the air filter on my intake fell off. It's been a long week.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
61 Posts
View attachment 88628
Freshly lowered on 1st Gen Megan Racing Springs. Rears are sitting a little high so i need to adjust them. Found a crack in my struts during the install and had to replace them (shout out to JC Whitney for overnight shipping!). Then today a screw came loose and the air filter on my intake fell off. It's been a long week.
Updated: fixed the rear springs. Now a properly set up 09, lowered on 1st gen Megan springs

·
Registered
339 Posts
Lookin good. More level now and not just the ass sticking up :p

Would really like to get coilovers but my car's still under warranty for another couple of years :(

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wow! Huge difference bro! I like!

You said those are just lowering springs?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks! Yep, just lowering springs from a 1st gen. I did however have to turn the rears upside down and remove the rubber washer in the back, but it's just springs. The spring rate is perfect too, aside from a little more wheel well liner rubbing you would never guess it's lowered. Super comfy ride

1921 - 1940 of 2281 Posts