Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 2281 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Gen2, I would expect the black vinyl to look awesome!! My gloss black paint looks real nice and I am getting many compliments. I should be getting my rear LEDs tomorrow as well as my Eibach kit and a Dynamax VT muffler.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
im getting mine done in a few days! ill post pics so you can see =]

·
Registered
667 Posts
I like the new lip. I just put mine on today. The sides flare out a little more than I like but not sure how to bring it down.

Let us know how the fitment goes on the excess lip when you get it. I think it was meant for the Jdm 6 but it could be modified to fit.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Thank bro!

I'm having the roof wrapped glossy black probably in two weeks bro. Weather down here is kinda weird:)
Update us when you get that done! I was thinking of doing that to my Comet Gray 2nd gen when i had it, but i wasn't sure how it would look. would love to see the outcome!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
hey did you get that ez lip off of ebay? and what is the xcess lip??? looks MEAN bro

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Thank's guys!

I got the EZ lip off of Amazon. I called X-Cess before i ordered the JDM lip and they did confirm that it will fit US Model 6's. Honestly the EZ lip looks pretty ok and for the price $35.00 it's one of the simplest mod we can do to the 2nd gen that'll change the look of the car in a pretty big way:)

To 6Y:

No problem bro, honestly i dont think it would look as good as the other ones i've seen coz i dont have the front wind shield tinted... But i guess we'll find out soon enough:)

To HOTSTREAK:

I was thinking of doing the sides too bro can you post a pic of your 6 bro:)

I'll keep this thread posted...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i saw the lip online ice, i reallly like the EZ lip alot better then the xcess one. but then again we havent seen it on your car =]

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I'm kinda thinking about the same thing bro. I'll probably end up keeping the EZ lip on for a while:)

I got your message and i'll get on it when i get home.

thanks bro!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Sorry, I posted this in the other area, but as I said there, I just ordered a front Lip but it appears my I-touring already has one on it. Small, but its there! Has anyone ran into this and if so what did you do? Can it be removed? It is attached to a larger piece of plastic under the bumber.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Sorry, I posted this in the other area, but as I said there, I just ordered a front Lip but it appears my I-touring already has one on it. Small, but its there! Has anyone ran into this and if so what did you do? Can it be removed? It is attached to a larger piece of plastic under the bumber.
PBNJ i think thats what you attack the EZ lip to. and i think the xcess lip will cover it up. dont think you need to remove it

·
Registered
599 Posts
Gen2, Thanks. I'll look at it when the lip comes in. I actually bought mine from ComTechKnowLedGies. It not the EZ LIP, and they claim the EZ LIP is a cheap knock-off of theirs.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
It really doesn't matter what brad you end up buying bro i'm sure it'll look good regardless. Dont worry if it doesn't look straight when you put it on it'll straighten it's self up after a day i'd say. Just make sure you put it against that small lip you saw under the bumper that way you know it's even from end to end.

Hope this helps bro:)

21 - 40 of 2281 Posts
About this Discussion
2.3K Replies
58 Participants
Chuckie
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing