Mazda 6 Forums banner

2241 - 2260 of 2281 Posts

·
Administrator
8,465 Posts
No problem, glad to share....

Not sure if only ebay but that was the cheapest place I found it...I think I saw from somebody else on here (don't remember who) that they got it on ebay as well. It came from China so it took about 10 days to show up but the quality is good, paint is an exact match, and the 3m tape is holding strong. Overall well worth the $30
I just may get one of these just to see how it looks. Can't go wrong for the price...

·
Registered
631 Posts
Third brake light is an add on panel on the rear deck. You should be able to remove spoiler, use existing 2-wires and hook up to new third brake light panel. Personally, I think you should look for a local that will swap you. Older folks love those spoilers.
Thanks. Hopefully that wouldn't be too hard to do. I might find someone with a Kona Blue car that would just swap the entire trunk with me. Anyone with a Kona Blue in the Southeast who wants a spoiler?

I added the lip spoiler, can't beat the price. Nice and subtle.
http://forum.mazda6club.com/exterior-modifications/278442-trunk-lip-spoiler.html

I agree, lose the stickers.
Thanks for the info on the lip spoiler. May do that.

The only one that will be remaining is the windshield banner because I like it and it fits the style of the car. The story with the ones on the rear is that I went to SoWo (a big modified/stanced VW show) last year when the car was stock and the stickers were a way of identifying with the car scene because the car was boring as hell at the time.

·
Registered
631 Posts
You will end up with 4 holes on your trunk :) I'd say it's not worth the trouble. And no, I don't share the thought that factory spoilers on 2nd gen don't look so good ;)
Yeah, the best solution would be to straight up trade someone. I dunno, I don't think the spoiler is ricey. The first gens have pretty big OEM spoilers as well and a lot of people run those.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm assuming, that's what pops up for 2012 Mazda 6 2.5l and the part number is M625xxx sounds like it could be what a lot of ppl have been looking for. There's also a step above that the garret t25 and t28
Sent from my HTC One

·
Registered
194 Posts
Torn on the spoiler. Do you happen to know what all is involved in uninstalling it? How would I relocate my third brake light?
do your 3rd brake light like mine! I friggin love it. I just took a 40" LED strip, one of those waterproof ones, and just doublesided taped it to the top of the back window, it looks like those audi A7 tail lights. there should be a factory plug that you can shove positive and negative wires into. kinda jerry rigged, but it gets the job done and it'll last. My subs rattle the shit out of my car, and this has held for quite a while without any problems.

Also, my subs rattle the shit ouf the back pannel so i just took the whole thing out. So after doing so, i needed a 3rd light and thats what i did.

I added the lip spoiler, can't beat the price. Nice and subtle.
http://forum.mazda6club.com/exterior-modifications/278442-trunk-lip-spoiler.html

I agree, lose the stickers.

ooh i'm super interested now. Sucks the price went up to $40. You got any other links that you looked up that was just as good? I was looking for a not so subtle lip spoiler that would hopefully go to the edges. I got a black car so that'd be simple

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm assuming, that's what pops up for 2012 Mazda 6 2.5l and the part number is M625xxx sounds like it could be what a lot of ppl have been looking for. There's also a step above that the garret t25 and t28
Sent from my HTC One
That is pretty interesting find. But still it doesn't emphasize 2nd gen or car year on their listing... At least I cannot see it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yea I emailed them but don't know if I've gotten a response bc my wife gets to our email account faster than since I'm still deployed. I might pee a little bit if it is for the 2nd gens lol

Sent from my HTC One

·
Registered
194 Posts
Anyone know of any good links to get a painted trunk lip spoiler/roof spoiler for the 2nd gen?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Will all aftermarket intakes make me not pass smog? I would like to replace my stock-restrictive airbox :D
Correct, none are carb-legal.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm looking to get mud flaps but there are SOOO many on ebay idk which ones to go with. anyone got any suggestions?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,259 (Edited)
I'm looking to get mud flaps but there are SOOO many on ebay idk which ones to go with. anyone got any suggestions?
I have OEM flaps on my car now I think it sets off the 2gen really good:)

Oh TCC gave me the inspiration:)

I also had a new Vibrant Muffler installed with a 2.5 inch piping.

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
I did??...lol.

Any pics of your car with the mud flaps?

2241 - 2260 of 2281 Posts