Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw a commercial for Mercury Milan. They claim that it is the only vehicle in its class with AWD. Comparing to Accord, Camry.

I was just wondering, isn't the MS6 in the same class? 4 door family sedan. No?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just saw a commercial for Mercury Milan. They claim that it is the only vehicle in its class with AWD. Comparing to Accord, Camry.

[/b]
No! The MS6 is a sport sedan.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
4600 pound sedan is definitely not compact. Mazda 3 would be a compact sedan. "Only [claimed phrase] in its class," is merely sales puffing. They don't expect people to buy the car because of that statement. It's just a marketing tool to get people to the dealership.

·
Registered
787 Posts

[/b]
Nooo. Camcords are for transportation, they're excellent tools for getting from A to B, with the Honda offering a trace of fun if you order V6-6m. The Camrys I've driven were the anti-zoom. The car just hates to move; it's perfect for grandparents and sensible-shoes types. MS6 suspension is much firmer and the body in braced for throwing around corners; much more emphasis on connecting you to the road. It's also a bit smaller, which helps it's driver-centric mission. And there's no AWD in CamCords.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Turbo AWD is not in the same class as basic 4 door family cars.
I would not put a "regular" 6 in the same class as the Camry or Accord because the manual 6 is really more of a sports sedan.

And yes manual FWD cars can be sports cars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
that's like saying, isn't the M3 in the same class as a G35.
[/b]
+1 great analogy.

I consider the MS6 as the performance varation of the midsize sedan Mazda 6. These are the cars in my opinion should be considered to be in the MS6 class-

Nissan Altima SE-R
Subaru Legacy GT 2.5 Spec B (This of course is the most similiar to the MS6)
Chevrolet Impala SS

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i've seen web advertisments with an asterisk next to the claim that states "excluding mazda6"

·
Registered
305 Posts
And yes manual FWD cars can be sports cars.
[/b]
I'm sure all the FWD owners will agree with you on that ;)

·
Registered
663 Posts
4600 pound sedan is definitely not compact. Mazda 3 would be a compact sedan. "Only [claimed phrase] in its class," is merely sales puffing. They don't expect people to buy the car because of that statement. It's just a marketing tool to get people to the dealership.
[/b]

Do you way 1000 pounds? MS6 is a 3600 lb car. :laugh:

·
Registered
209 Posts

[/b]
Um....yeah. This is advertising. There are no rules or classes except the ones they make up to suit their purpose of selling cars. You apparently didn't read the tiny-tiny fine print that was only flashed for 0.00001 seconds. It said "Our lawyers said we have to put this on here. Class of cars includes Mercury Milan and no other vehicles we forgot about. You've got to put Mercury on your list. BUY THIS CAR. BUY THIS CAR. BUY THIS CAR." :D

·
Registered
651 Posts
Personally, I don't think they include cars from the same family...leaving out the AWD Fusion and AWD X-Type as well.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Looked it up, Mazda6 is in the midsize class. Huh, must just sneak in. The Subaru Legacy, BMW 3-series, Mercedes C-Class, Saab 9-3, Audi A4 are all considered compacts.
[/b]
But I thought while the Mazda6 was midsize the Speed6 snuck into compact because of the rear-wheel drive hump in the backseat....?

·
Registered
127 Posts
But I thought while the Mazda6 was midsize the Speed6 snuck into compact because of the rear-wheel drive hump in the backseat....?
[/b]
must be less trunk space, as the m6 is listed as 15.x whereas the ms6 is listed as 12.x

epa class rating = interior space + cargo space for sedans

cutoff for compacts is 109 sq. ft. (ms6 just sneaks in)

·
Registered
209 Posts
must be less trunk space, as the m6 is listed as 15.x whereas the ms6 is listed as 12.x

cutoff for compacts is 109 sq. ins. (ms6 just sneaks in)
[/b]
That makes more sense than the hump theory. Thanks for clearing that up!

·
Registered
829 Posts

cutoff for compacts is 109 sq. ins. (ms6 just sneaks in)
[/b]
I read somewhere on here that it's probably due to the braces in the back of the car.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Nooo. Camcords are for transportation, they're excellent tools for getting from A to B, with the Honda offering a trace of fun if you order V6-6m. The Camrys I've driven were the anti-zoom. The car just hates to move;
[/b]
Uhhh..the new Camry SE V6 would be a dead even match for our Speed6 from a roll race.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts