Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a salesmen about how 2 dealerships that once sold the Speed 6 had stoped selling them, he told me that I had better hery up and get one because they had stoped making them, but he also told me he'd put me on the employee's list to be sure that one was saved for me, I'm posative that Employee's list was 100% BS, but it would make sence if they stoped selling speed6s because they stoped making them, but I dont know, so is this just Some salesman's BS or is this true?

I dont care if theres flames, It a stupid question and I should be egnoring everything a saleman tells me anyway

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i'm not surprised either. remember, it was suppose to run for only one year, 2006, and was suppose to have come to market in june, but didin't roll out until november. ending production now would indicate that they produced about as many globally as originally intended. mazda probably produced more than planned with the run.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The Speed6 or MPS is a limited edition. Sweden is just getting 100.

·
Registered
732 Posts
The Speed6 or MPS is a limited edition. Sweden is just getting 100.[/b]
Yup. That's what my dealer said here in Canada. They only had two available when I was looking to first buy my Mazda a year ago.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The Speed6 or MPS is a limited edition. Sweden is just getting 100.[/b]
Yes, I've heard that to. First it was said 60 cars, and then 100. But there is nothing uncommon that sweden gets a low ration. That happends all the time with different vehicles, even if they are not said to be limited edition. I've never read any european official statement that it would be a limited edition, and the same goes for the 3 MPS.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. The Mazdaspeed Miata (sorry, MX-5) was only a 1 year production model as well.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I haven't seen many speed6es flowing through the dealership lots in my area... i don't think they are doing so hot!

but i would have bought one if i didn't get the regular 6 because awd is a great option (especially with a turbo!)

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
its all in the marketing. mazda has been lacking in the marketing and only if you were a car nut reading websites and magazines would you have known to look at mazda when in the market for a sedan in the TL/G35/etc range.

he's bullshitting you. there are so many right now in the US, that there is no point in "hurrying" i found 6 '06s in my area alone!

·
Registered
826 Posts
He wants a quicker sale. You really don't have much to worry about. Its what a 5000 a year car to the U.S? If they still have 06's on the lot, it means that they can't move them that well. If they do move them, pick up an 07 or get an 06 from another dealer.

·
Registered
960 Posts
My sales guy told me this was the last year too. I wouldnt be surprised there deffinetly not selling to well around me. The dealership I went to only had 2 06's and two 07s

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
You have to Special order 07's.......What does that tell you? :irate:

·
Registered
826 Posts
There are a couple dealerships in the Baltimore Metro area that will not be getting any 07s in until they sell all their 06s... Needless to say none of them have any 07s[/b]
My dealership had an 07 I think. I don't know, I went back there a month ago to get my oil changed and saw a new speed6 getting unloaded onto their lot. I never got to check it out, so either it was another dealers car or it was an 07 because I had moved the last 06 off their lot. Anyway, it got sold in about a week so chances are pretty high it was just another 06. Just throwing it up there.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.