1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
195 Posts
I actually saw the exact same thing in cleveland this past weekend. I was dumbfounded. I was actually hoping the cop got hit for being a Jack Ass

·
Registered
153 Posts
that happened to me and my mom when i was younger...some cop was under a tree with a radar gun and ran out in front of our 98 cadillac deville...i think he had a deathwish. that car is like a tank. idiots...

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I've had them step out in the middle of a highway in front of me before in MD. Not just standing there in front of me though until I stopped. This cop could also cause a chain-reaction accident if there was someone following closely behind the car he's trying to stop. What a moron!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Oh hell yea... they do it all the time. Just the other day... was driving to work in the AM on RT 10 (4 lanes), everyone doing about 70mph. This cop runs out to the middle lane to stop this car. OMG. It almost caused a major incident. What happens if someone can't stop in time, or the car behind him plows into him causing the car to run the cop over? Can it be considered your fault?

I've had them step out in the middle of a highway in front of me before in MD. Not just standing there in front of me though until I stopped. This cop could also cause a chain-reaction accident if there was someone following closely behind the car he's trying to stop. What a moron!
[/b]

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Some woman pushing a baby stroller did the exact same thing to me near by my house last summer.

She was lucky that I was slowing down for her anyways.

·
Registered
288 Posts
If that happens in California he is one dead cop for sure! Stupid! :sarc:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yup! Pretty efen stupid. But 3 of my cousins are cops and if they did that, even I would say they deserve to be hit.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Well they'll outlaw it when a cop or two get run over, that's how it usually works. I'd like to see one try that here.

·
Registered
167 Posts
That, or someone in the US will think lawsuit for mental trauma or whatever. "He intentionally ran out in front of my car waving his arms around all crazy. I thought he was thinking I was some drug dealer or something! Then when he told me he was just giving me a speeding ticket, I was like, Oh my god, I could have hit him, and killed him! That would have made me a cop killer! My uncle's a cop, I support my local PD!"
stupid lawsuits...

Anyways, don't get me wrong, I support the police, almost went into that line of work myself. But an officer who does that should be suspended for needlessly endangering himself and the public. Almost anyone who drives a car knows its not speeding that causes the problem, its the sudden need to change speed that does and that's exactly what he did in a very unexpected manor.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Yes. What happens when that idiot causes an accident? Power corrupts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts