Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that when I hit bumps and holes on the road, my HID vibrates/shakes for an instant as if it feels the road. (Needless to say I noticed this at night when my lights are on.) Is this by design since speed6 GT comes with headlight level adjustments? I wanted to see if this is normal by design or if I should get it fixed at the dealer when I go for my oil change this weekend.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I've noticed that when I hit bumps and holes on the road, my HID vibrates/shakes for an instant as if it feels the road. (Needless to say I noticed this at night when my lights are on.) Is this by design since speed6 GT comes with headlight level adjustments? I wanted to see if this is normal by design or if I should get it fixed at the dealer when I go for my oil change this weekend.
[/b]
This has been addressed. It's normal. If they stiffened the headlights to where they didn't move when bumps were hit, they would be more prone to break.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
hmm Ive seen to notice the same thing when I run over a pot hole or a bump in the road. But it has to be a harsh bump not like a reflector or something.
[/b]
Right. But just imagine the stress that would put on the moving parts in the headlight assembly if they were completely still when you ran over a pothole. They move so they don't break.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Come on. I used to have an X-TYpe with Xenons and they didn't rattle like the 6.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Come on. I used to have an X-TYpe with Xenons and they didn't rattle like the 6.
[/b]
They didn't have the levelling switch on them though.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Auto level. You step on the gas and they instantly lowered. You brake and they raise. They always were at the same point. WHen the car started they would do a self check where they would go up and down. It looked really cool when you started up with them.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Auto level. You step on the gas and they instantly lowered. You brake and they raise. They always were at the same point. WHen the car started they would do a self check where they would go up and down. It looked really cool when you started up with them.
[/b]
Yeah, like they were blinking. I've seen that. Well...just different builds.

·
Registered
679 Posts
No it was like they were eyeballs looking up and then looking down as they did the self check.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
That's what I meant, like eyes blinking.

·
Registered
493 Posts
The TSX loaners I'd get from Acura had HID's that would bob constantly - auto levelers. It was disorienting.

I've only been flashed once in the MS6 - these lights aren't bright enough to blind oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I get the same thing and it should be expected. My friend has a Honda Accord that does the same thing. annoyed her so much she got rid of it LOL

·
Registered
34 Posts
yea, my GF's Audi S4 is the same way, the lights shake when you hit a bump, almost like they're loose or something. They self level when you turn them on (kind of goes down then up) but the coolest thing is that the lights turn as you go around turns. I would (safely) swerve the car back and forth just to watch the lights move from side to side (childish? yes, but I couldn't help it!)

·
Registered
210 Posts
my 89 prelude had lights that would pop out of the hood :nana:
I would sometimes hit the winter mode button on and off just to watch them pop up and down :sarc: :sarc:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Some of us have auto leveling lights on our MS6. ;)
[/b]
That and the window washers are in the Euro models. :swearin:

North American units are stripped of those features but then we are paying less than 40k Euros too... :nana:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
That and the window washers are in the Euro models. :swearin:

North American units are stripped of those features but then we are paying less than 40k Euros too... :nana:
[/b]

auto leveling is lame, i wanan point them even more up so i can blind them rich ass mofos in their SUVs with blinding HIDS.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
auto leveling is lame, i wanan point them even more up so i can blind them rich ass mofos in their SUVs with blinding HIDS.
[/b]
I usually drive with mine all the way up. Much easier to see the cops from a distance. They got black cars around here.

·
Registered
344 Posts
This has been addressed. It's normal. If they stiffened the headlights to where they didn't move when bumps were hit, they would be more prone to break.[/b]
I can't agree with you there. If that was true, all HIDs would rattle, and they don't. The more it can move around, the more likely for breaking, not the other way around as you've mentioned.

Has anyone had luck with the dealership fixing the lights under warranty? If not, has anyone found any fixes of their own?

·
Registered
426 Posts
This has been addressed. It's normal. If they stiffened the headlights to where they didn't move when bumps were hit, they would be more prone to break.[/b]
and how did you manage to come up with that theory? sorry but that's absolute BS. Maybe the whole car should rattle around "so it doesn't break". It's rattling around cause it's loose... not to reduce stresses. The tolerances just weren't tight enough, or it's missing a rubber gasket somewhere....etc.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts