Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a opportunity to buy a pre-owned Mazdaspeed6.
Vehicule Mazdaspeed 6 "Grand Touring" + GPS. 2,921 miles asking 30,998usd (from a toyota dealership). Is this a good price ?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hi I have a opportunity to buy a pre-owned Mazdaspeed6.
Vehicule Mazdaspeed 6 "Grand Touring" + GPS. 2,921 miles asking 30,998usd (from a toyota dealership). Is this a good price ?
[/b]
Sorry for the emotional outburst, but "HELL NO!" Considering I'm from Southern California, and even though I could have lowered the price even more (I made the mistake of bringing a wife with an open mouth), I got my MS6 GT, with GPS, Sunroof, Sirius, and the shock system for 31,000 usd, at that's with 15 miles on the odometer. If you really want that pre-owned one, I'm guessing you can lower it to about $29,000. Perhaps even lower. But dude, just get a new one if you're gonna be spending that many dead presidents (and 1 scientist, since Franklin wasn't a prez. I'm rambling!)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
you should be able to score one with the same set up for $29,500 or less this summer - brand new.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Since it's pre-owned take nothing more than $27k USD.

I rolled away with mine for that. (Brand new no previous owners).

·
Registered
493 Posts
Eh, not a good price. I was quoted less than that new w/nav. But it depends on your local market. Some areas have deeper price cuts than the US in general. Besides, buying a used performance car is risky. Cars sold in the first year have a higher probability of being damaged.

·
Registered
170 Posts
These cars just arent selling to well, most dealers getting rid of them for invoice or bellow. So you should be able to get a new car for better then that price.

·
Registered
979 Posts
2 words... HELL NO

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Paretti Mazda here in Metairie, LA (about 3 hours from Pensacola) is selling MS6 Sports for $24,900 NEW!! Take your pick, I think they have 7 or more on the lot now in various colors.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Is there any reason why those prices are like that? Is it most likely just in the area or could I expect something similiar where I live in NJ?

·
Registered
691 Posts
I think it depends on the region. I know here in Los Angeles, they are selling kind of stale, but there is enough interest to keep the car at a higher price. For example, I went to one place where they had something like 12 MS6's in their show room. They wanted 33K fully package, take or leave. Obviously I left ... it could also be the dealership too ... could be desperate to clear space.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Is there any reason why those prices are like that? Is it most likely just in the area or could I expect something similiar where I live in NJ?
[/b]

I live in nj. There is no reason you should have to pay much over invoice price. There are 4 mazda dealers just in north jersey that i was dealing with that where competeing with each other for my business. They need to get rid of these cars. There where so many at the wayne mazda dealership.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
[/b]
They've been sitting on these for a while and I think they are anxious to move them. Make room for the CX-7, I guess.

·
Registered
998 Posts
They've been sitting on these for a while and I think they are anxious to move them. Make room for the CX-7, I guess.
[/b]
And the speed3. Dealers I've talked with are having a hard time keeping 3's on the lot and can't wait for the speed3's so sales of 'mazdaspeed' vehicles can go through the roof.

Jason

1 - 18 of 18 Posts