Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry but America sucks. Everyone is always complaining about how high oil prices are but really it's our fault, the oil companies wouldn't raise the price so much if we weren't willing to pay it. First off let me just say that i hate hummers. I hate them with a passion, even that little H3 thing. I think they make great Army vehicles but that civilians really don't need that shit. So i'm all kinds of pissed off that something like this is being produced American Stupidity at it's finest. The worst part is people are going to buy these gas-guzzling bohemoths and not because they will actually use them for their intended purposes but just so they can hold it over the heads of people who could only buy the Hummer H2. I hope this thing is a total flop. I can't imagine what happens if these things actually sell, are we going to have Halftracks driving around on the roads? I like wasting money on automobiles i don't need just as much as the next American but this whole SUV war we have going on is rediculous. The biggest car i would ever buy is the Cherokee SRT-8.

So anyone out in Mazda-land want one of these? Or feel that their is actually a market other than people making up for thier insecurities? I would like to hear some other opinions on this.

·
Registered
820 Posts
more people drive ferraris and lambos at <10mpg then hummers but I do agree that these ginormous vehicles are pretty irresponsible of the makers. I could see them for farm use or something but not at the mall.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more people drive ferraris and lambos at <10mpg then hummers but I do agree that these ginormous vehicles are pretty irresponsible of the makers. I could see them for farm use or something but not at the mall.
[/b]

I have problem with people who drive Lambo's and Ferraris on a regular basis in the states too. These cars almost always have nothing to do with the performance aspect and almost everything to do with the showing up your neighbors. Other then Montana and a couple other areas, in the Northern Midwest, there aren't really places where you can drive these exotics as they should be driven. Whats the point in driving these cars in stop and go traffic and then paying all those maintence fees for them? You're basically just pissing your money away. I don't see Ferraris and Lambos as often as i see Excursions, Avalanches, and Hummers.

I know Avalanches have gotten a little better with the ability to use Ethanol but still the first gen ones said 8mpg city on the the sticker.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
When you can afford a lambo or ferrari, do you really care about gas prices?

That thing looks hideous. Gas prices have dropped of late, were rumored to see $2/gallon by the end of this year, hopefully it still does not deter auto makers from making more fuel efficient vehicles.

·
Registered
820 Posts
until the government and big oil stop sucking each others dicks nothing will ever change. If there was a federal mandate of 28mpg highway then we'd be getting somewhere. until that happens all bets are off and we will continue to get screwed. middle class life in america is all about getting fucked. it will never ever change.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you can afford a lambo or ferrari, do you really care about gas prices?
[/b]

No one cares about gas prices for the Exotics, it's the Maintence on these vehicles that are killer. Driving a machine like that in stop and go traffic at 30mph daily is just retarded.

Oil is not the problem here though, it's whoever the hell in america gave International the idea that manufacturing a version of their trucks for everyday drivers was a good idea. We as people are creating demands for products that we know are detrimental to both the safety of others and the environment. Oil was used in the original post to show how stupid America is. They want the oil, they are the ones who agree to pay the prices oil companies pass down. I wanted to know if anyone really needed this huge truck? I mean how much more does it really offer people than the current pick ups. Or is the demand for this product based in the fact that American's have to show up thier neighbors? "Bigger is better" is the slogan on one of the t-shirts on the Internationl website. Why is bigger better though?

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Because Bigger whips compensate for other things ;) in the mind of Men, and the eyes of females...

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'd rather have a 4x4 Avalanches getting 17.5 combined mpg that might only be used for driving around town or to the grocery store and not like a real truck then have Nascar cars that get 2-4 mpg and just drive around in a circle. Plus your talking about gas guzzling SUV's and how they don't get used as they should be, yet you would get a Cherokee SRT-8 which gets only 13.5 combined mpg and can only tow a maximum of 3500 lbs. To me thats the epitome of gas guzzling and uselessness.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I agree with you L Train completely I hate Hummers with a passion as well they should just be for army use only. As for exotic cars that use a lot of gas like lambos and ferraris i think it's alright to have them as long as you have money and dont drive it all the time. like maybe for a sunday drive and car shows but not everyday driving

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Plus your talking about gas guzzling SUV's and how they don't get used as they should be, yet you would get a Cherokee SRT-8 which gets only 13.5 combined mpg and can only tow a maximum of 3500 lbs. To me thats the epitome of gas guzzling and uselessness.
[/b]
It's not the biggest SUV out there though, i mean sure it's not the greatest car in the world, but i like that it has some quickness to it and it offers the roominess and looks that i like. If i'm buying an SUV i know i'm going to be pissing away gas money. I'm just saying that i can not imagine having a need for an MXT. It doesn't offer any increased room inside for people. While i'm sure it has adequate towing power there are other trucks that offer the same thing out on the market already. Where is the market for the MXT?? Thats what i want to know. What does this truck offer that others don't? Why does it have to be so freaking huge? If you are going to create a product like this and push it in the market it had better have some advantages over whats already there and i'm not seeing any.

·
Registered
153 Posts
how can a srt-8 cherokee tow something. from what i have seen the exhaust comes right up the middle of the bumper like the vette's. don't get me wrong that thing looks sweet but there is no way you can put a tow hitch on that w/o some exhaust work. sorry for the thread-jack!

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Standard Engine International® VT365 V8 Diesel, 300 hp, 530 ft. lbs

as the price of gas goes up, the sale of such luxo vehicles is also known to increase.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Standard Engine International® VT365 V8 Diesel, 300 hp, 530 ft. lbs
as the price of gas goes up, the sale of such luxo vehicles is also known to increase.
[/b]

You have the correlation backwards. As the sales of these luxo vehicles increase so do gas prices. If Oil companies see a trend forming that people are buying more gas guzzling cars, you better be sure they are going to bend us over at the pump. It's our way of telling them we are willing paticipants.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Don't hate Hummers. Hate the people that buy them. Building something that sells is very smart, but buying something so utterly rediculous for urban commutes is stupid.

·
Registered
574 Posts
You have the correlation backwards. As the sales of these luxo vehicles increase so do gas prices. If Oil companies see a trend forming that people are buying more gas guzzling cars, you better be sure they are going to bend us over at the pump. It's our way of telling them we are willing paticipants.
[/b]
I say, buy what you want... They are going to bend us over anyways... it doesnt matter how many people buy SUV's.... matter of fact.. as gas becomes less of a commodity the price will probably rise. I dont think traditional supply and demand will come into play... they will just try to make more money on less oil.. Anything to make more money.. and since the price has nothing to do with the actual value of oil itself.. and has everything to do with how they can spin it and other things like that.... I dont care what you drive.

Personally.

·
Registered
752 Posts
what were they thinking when they designed that thing? i saw on tv that ashton kutcher owns an mxt or whatever its called so you know its a deushmobile

·
Registered
47 Posts
I say, buy what you want... They are going to bend us over anyways... it doesnt matter how many people buy SUV's.... matter of fact.. as gas becomes less of a commodity the price will probably rise. I dont think traditional supply and demand will come into play... they will just try to make more money on less oil.. Anything to make more money.. and since the price has nothing to do with the actual value of oil itself.. and has everything to do with how they can spin it and other things like that.... I dont care what you drive.

Personally.
[/b]
Amen brother.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Wouldn't a vacuum pump be a lot cheaper and actually do something to fix the problem?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
When you have over $200k to blow on a car, I don't think you care what other people think - you just buy stuff because you want it. Buy hey, its supposed to get 13-15mpg so its not the absolute worst.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Why would anyone want it?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts