Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished reviewing the owners manual and I can’t find anything about the in-cabin air filter.

Does this car have one, and if so, where can I find it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
There must be one, considering that the older model has one.

Remove the glovebox and you should see it.

I don't remember reading that in the owner's manual or I missed it. It just so happened that I know it should be there.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
All Mazdas do. I suggest getting the HEPA/Activated charcoal one. But why are you replacing it now? Or just asking where its at? They are cheap enough i replace mine in the 3 once a year. And yes, no tools needed, open the glove box, pull the sides inwards to bypass the rubber nubs, and pull the lowering shock off with your fingers. Then the filter just slides right out. Make sure you install it right side up as with the HEPA filters there are two layers for max effect.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
All Mazdas do. I suggest getting the HEPA/Activated charcoal one. But why are you replacing it now? Or just asking where its at? They are cheap enough i replace mine in the 3 once a year. And yes, no tools needed, open the glove box, pull the sides inwards to bypass the rubber nubs, and pull the lowering shock off with your fingers. Then the filter just slides right out. Make sure you install it right side up as with the HEPA filters there are two layers for max effect.
I forgot to mention how to remove it, thanks!

It is recommended to replace it every 40,000 km, at least in our place. Since I was getting free service and replaceable parts for my first three years, I was following that, but now that I'm done, I think I'll replace it every year as you've said.

I'll take a look for a local seller for that kind of cabin filter.

EDIT: It says that it's no longer available. Anyways, it should be easy to look for it since you posted the right term to search for it.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Oh I see what you mean. I didnt see you choose 2021 since its the same filter for many years, but the charcoal filter is still more than on eBay, even if BeckArnley is a good name. Either way, that or the HEPA is the one to get.

·
Registered
24 Posts
All Mazdas? My Mazda6 has one behind the glove compartment, but I haven’t found the one in my ’08 MX-5 yet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
No cabin filter on a Miata nc.

·
Registered
2016 6
457 Posts
Miatas are the only cars in the lineup that do not have a cabin air filter. All of the 3rd/4th gen models use basically the same cabin filter/blower motor setup except for the cx-3 which just has a double tabbed filter which is pretty pointless Lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts