Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Says it all in the title... hehe... cuz I'm actually not very familiar with turbochargers.. but i remember back in the days cars with turbos needed a turbo timer to keep the turbo running good for years.... so is that the case in the speed6.. or no?? please explain.. thanks in advance =)

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
no, unless u just did a quarter-mile launch or drove the car like you stole it. the turbo is both oil and water cooled so under normal driving, a turbo timer is not necessary. for more information, use the search key.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Our turbo is water and oil cooled. No need for a turbo-timer unless you upgrade the turbo.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I agree that there is no NEED for a turbop timer, it could not hurt to have one though, a EBC with built in turbo timer would be a good addition if you plan on modding or getting a custom tune.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I agree. I do not see the need of having it unless u just ripped someone a new one on the track by spanking them with you dual exhaust fumes! I usually just let the car idle for a few then turn it off. Since the GT models have the smart key, if I go in for a minute somewhere, I lock the car w/ it on... Just my 2cents

·
Registered
795 Posts
i have one integrated with my remote car starter for the winter!!
im sure it helps after a good beating on the car ;) i use it sometimes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts