Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to home many people here have a new MS6 as their first experiance of owning a boosted car. I'm new to Mazdas but I've been around DSMs for 8 years and I see a lot of similarites in how people who first got into DSMs where like.

Things like "venting the BOV to just get a louder noise" is obviously a popular one for new turbo car owners. :D

But, it's alwasy fun to point people in the right direction. Just my curiousity just sparked my desire to ask.

·
Registered
651 Posts
87 Colt Turbo was my first and only other...pocket rocket at the time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yup this is my first boosted car. I've always wanted one and I'm loving the Speed6 especially when boost hits and the car really starts to pull. The price, turbo power hp and the direct injection torque are what drove me to this. (not to mention a little help form a couple people on this forum :thumbup:)

Outside of being my daily driver, I think of this car as my 25k toy and practice car I plan to autoX and track in the new year.

Venting the BOV is tempting, but not sure I really care to. I like the stealth look/feel.

I'm curious to home many people here have a new MS6 as their first experiance of owning a boosted car. I'm new to Mazdas but I've been around DSMs for 8 years and I see a lot of similarites in how people who first got into DSMs where like.

Things like "venting the BOV to just get a louder noise" is obviously a popular one for new turbo car owners. :D

But, it's alwasy fun to point people in the right direction. Just my curiousity just sparked my desire to ask.
[/b]

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
yes my first turbo car. Had a grand prix GTP before which was a supercharger in there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is my fourth.
- 86 Dodge Daytona Shelby (dog)
- 88 Thunderbird Turbo Couple (the dougnut machine)
- 01 VW Jetta 1.8T (way fun, one of my favorites)

and now the speed6. Its my favorite

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is also my first turbo and/or AWD drive car. Before the Speed6, I owned a 6s, which seems like a complete dog now.

·
Registered
851 Posts
this is just one of a long list not in any particular order
91 300zx TT (Sold)
94 Dodge Stealth TT (Sold)
98 Eclipse GSX (Totaled by a drunk driver)
95 Talon TSI AWD(still have/race car)
95 Vortec'd Z28 (Sold)
99 Civic Si Powered By a Full Race turbo setup(sold)
93 Honda Accord SE (My very first car, and which started my import crazy had a built h22 with a turbo. Rearended by a 100 year old lady in a big ass cadilac and got totaled.)
94 Honda Civic Hatch H22a turbo (Motor came out of the 93 accord/sold/had it even before the whole hatch and import craze)

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is the first car I've owned with a turbo, but I had a turbo kit for my 2002 eclipse and I drove an SRT-4 for almost a year.

First time owning one but not driving one for extended periods of time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a 1G Eclipse GSX that I traded in for my MS6. I loved the turbo and AWD in the Eclipse, but the MS6 has MUCH more power, and I love it!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
My MSP6 is my first turbo car and the learning curve is pretty steep. BOVs, VTA, recirc, WAI, wastegates, intercooler, up pipe, boost guage - its a whole new language. This forum helps a lot. The car rocks.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Not only it's my first Turbo car, it's also my first AWD car too....
[/b]
me too. first car equipped with DISI, first (& last) dark car.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Second one for me. Used to own a 2003 GTI 1.8T- and I thought it was a blast at the time. Also, this is my first AWD car, as well as the first one not made by VW (I also used to have Jetta 2.5).

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cool, looks like a nice mix of both. I'm sure some of the DSM guys already see the flange on the BOV will fit a 1G BOV nicely! ;)

I've had the following Boosted cars:

97 Eclispse GST
95 Eclipse GSX (held the stock turbo world record for a while with the T25)
91 Talon TSi AWD
98 Eclipse GSX
95 Talon TSi AWD

My project for next year will be a old Conquest with a motor swap and used as a weekend drag car and rally cross car.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yah, I was a FI virgin before the MS6. I almost bought a WRX instead of the RSX back in 2003. But at that time they were pretty cut rate / feature poor and the 2.0L engine felt sluggish at low RPMs.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts