Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Is the heating prblem solved?'

Not by means of ACC, but it's rather easy to do some manual tweaking and get a descent temperature...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Not by means of ACC, but it's rather easy to do some manual tweaking and get a descent temperature...[/b]
Ok but this test shows that it should be easy to fix the problem in software because the car produce very much heat to the cabin.

·
Registered
96 Posts

Originally posted by kevgray

ich spreche deutsch nicht.
kev[/b]
1. Nissan Primera 2.0 30°C
2. Audi A4 2.0 25°C
3. Opel Vectra 2.2 24°C
4. Mazda 6 Sport 1.8 24°C

6 comes in 4th place for heating the front passengers in a -15 degrees environment..

but then again you probably don't get degrees celsius either ;)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Quote from article":
" A4 , Mazda6 , Vectra and Primera (130/120/147/140 HP) heat strongly."

There is a problem?? Or did you just want the 6 to come in first?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Originally posted by LBJay

Quote from article":
" A4 , Mazda6 , Vectra and Primera (130/120/147/140 HP) heat strongly."  

There is a problem?? Or did you just want the 6 to come in first?[/b]
Yes there is or was a problem, it may well be only cars with ACC.

In a Swedish test the temperature in the car were very low and badly spread even after a long running time.
M6 was by far the coldest car in test and the heat came where it shouldn't.

·
Registered
137 Posts

Originally posted by Kerrick

Originally posted by kevgray

ich spreche deutsch nicht.
kev[/b]
1. Nissan Primera 2.0 30°C
2. Audi A4 2.0 25°C
3. Opel Vectra 2.2 24°C
4. Mazda 6 Sport 1.8 24°C

6 comes in 4th place for heating the front passengers in a -15 degrees environment..

but then again you probably don't get degrees celsius either ;) [/b][/quote]

In Canada we use celsius.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Replying to Topic 'I

To come in 4th place from 19 tested cars isn't that bad after all. Then there were no complaints about the heating of the 6 in that article. Why worry?

BTW: Is there something wrong about speaking German? As long as no one else has to (thank God) there is nothing wrong about it. I get along perfectly :D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I'll tell you the reason to worry: the ACC doesn't handle cold climate very well. An ACC is supposed to be automatic, that's where the CC gets its A from...

So...the car has enough heat, but the ACC puts too little of it in the wrong places, that's about it. And I have paid for the ACC, I am going to demand they do something about this. I hate having to turn knobs and push buttons while driving to try keeping temperature within bearable limits.

We've had days here when we've had -30C (-22F so you guys that think water freezes at 32 degrees understand what I'm talking about...;) ). When driving under around a while temperature can shift up to perhaps -20C in just minutes. Meaning a lot of tweaking to get pleasant temperature. Think I shouldn't have to do that when I've paid for an automatic climate control...:sarc

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

It's really cold below the dash, around the legs and feet. We had -15 to -17 degrees celsius today and it warms quite well in head/torso area, but feet are still cooold. THough, as Steve mentioned some time ago it seems to work better the colder it is, but it's far far FAR from OK, even decent. My friends SAAB 900 from 1984 has better heating in the lower area! :/

·
Registered
146 Posts

I *still* don't have my 6 (grumble, grumble) but am dying to see if this is a NA vs. Japenese built issue. I will report on it as soon as they bother to get the completed car (which has been done for 2 weeks now) from the shipping dock to the dealer -- only about 40 miles away! Darn holidays... grumble, grumble...

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Please do tell us about it. My dealers says this is a programming issue, and that it should be able to reprogramme it via the main computer, but seeing is beleiving...:sarc

·
Registered
315 Posts

I notice the "test" listed a 1.8 engine in the test? I would think the 2.3 and 3.0 (US models) would generate plenty of heat.
I don't like ACC in any car actually. I find it very easy to adjust the temperature with the "temp" knob. And, it doesn't seem to involving nor complicated to push a button to achieve air flow where you want it.
I guess people are getting spoiled these days. :)
I would rather the ACC be an option which I could leave out and not pay for, but it's built in to the price. At least, it is in the US.

T

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

The heat is sufficient in all models, this is an ACC programming issue.

I will never again buy a car without ACC, it's very pleasant.:)

·
Registered
146 Posts

Both my 97 Taurus SHO and 99 Taurus SHO have ACC; they were the first cars I have owned that had it. It works flawlessly and the conveinence is something I would definetely miss if not there.

I will report on my experiences with the 3.0 and ACC for sure...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts