Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm like huh???? I don't know and I didn't find any info on this here?

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
no.

some oler cars used the fr s-bar as part of the lower control arm (VW), so in that case it was.

Sway bars should de deactivated when corner weighting, but that's usually a coil-over thing

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
no.

some oler cars used the fr s-bar as part of the lower control arm (VW), so in that case it was.

Sway bars should de deactivated when corner weighting, but that's usually a coil-over thing [/b]

actually you want to do your final corner weighing with the bar(s) hooked up. if adjusted properly they should not add or subtract from any of the corner weights.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I asked about it a long time ago, and the short answer was no. When I had the shop install mine, I told them to perform an alignment if necessary....and no alignment was necessary.

The only thing that the installer needs to be worried about is getting holes to line up again.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only thing that the installer needs to be worried about is getting holes to line up again.
[/b]
Does the sway bolts have to be undone/remove???

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Does the sway bolts have to be undone/remove???
[/b]
If you have not changed (or damaged) the front bar, it has nothing to do with wheel alignment.

If a new front bar is installed, it should not change the current alignment.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It depends how careful you are installing the front bar. If you drop the entire subframe, then it could skew the camber/caster. If you remove the steering gear from the subframe it could make the steering wheel crocked, though total toe will stay the same. Either way it won't change much and the bar itself does not affect the alignment in any way.

Older Saturns also used the bar as a control arm, so on those cars it could have an effect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts