Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

My new 06 Mazda 6 appears to be lower in the backend than the frontend. Only slightly by the naked eye. I'm just comparing the gap between the tire and the body.

Any idea if anyone else notices this also and if it's normal?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
it is normal, the extra space up front is to allow for complete (excess, even) clearance lock to lock under braking. the rear wheels dont turn so they dont need the extra clearance. its a common sight with FWD cars.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Someone has REALLY been checking his baby out. :love: never looked at mine like that 2 notice. :nana:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Sorry, what do you mean?
[/b]
Rather than focusing on the gaps above each tire, try looking at your car from the side. Look at the bottom below the doors. Look just behind the front tire and just in front of the back tire. Check the distance from the bottom of the car to the ground and each of these locations. Most likely , the car sits more level than you think. The wheel gaps cause more of an illusion.

To have even gaps, the car would sit lower in the front.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Ya, it seems I notice something new everyday....even if it's insignificant :)
[/b]

Haha I am the same way...

I was thinking the same thing, I just thought it was my eyes screwing w/ me...

What maddog is saying makes sense too...

·
Registered
218 Posts
What is the usual gap from the inner lip of the rear wheel well to the tire on a stock 6? I have about an inch an a half gap and with a full car I rub on the tires. I had 3 younger teenagers in my back seat, system in trunk, and after that I had only half inch of clearance. I don't really want to roll my fenders because I will mess it up and I ain't about to dish out big bucks to have body shops do it.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
What is the usual gap from the inner lip of the rear wheel well to the tire on a stock 6? I have about an inch an a half gap and with a full car I rub on the tires. I had 3 younger teenagers in my back seat, system in trunk, and after that I had only half inch of clearance. I don't really want to roll my fenders because I will mess it up and I ain't about to dish out big bucks to have body shops do it.
[/b]
helps to have model info in signature (see mine)

check that the yellow bumpers are still inside the rear coils.

if so, RB could set you up with a stiffer spring set, modest drop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
KevinK2
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing