Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw one of these at the park today and did a double take. The similarities are startling when comparing the profile in particular, especially the rear! Since the 1st gen 6 wagon started in '04 (I have one now), does anyone else think Audi took "inspiration" from the lovely 6 wagon?! Attached are pics from Google of the A4.

Attachments

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don't get me wrong, the A4 is gorgeous and definitely more upscale looking than the 6, but the rear is so similar! Pics of my 6 for comparison...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Shows you that a good wagon design is a good wagon design.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shows you that a good wagon design is a good wagon design.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Can't fault them for that.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
At first, from memory of both cars, I thought it would be a stretch. However, in non sport trim, the Mazda 6 wagon does share similarities with the a4 you show. That goes away though when the sport trim is added (rear hatch spoiler, bumper covers and side skirts). As Gerry says... they are a solid design!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At first, from memory of both cars, I thought it would be a stretch. However, in non sport trim, the Mazda 6 wagon does share similarities with the a4 you show. That goes away though when the sport trim is added (rear hatch spoiler, bumper covers and side skirts). As Gerry says... they are a solid design!
Yes, I'm strictly speaking on 6 wagons without the sport plastic (like mine). With the skirts, etc. they look quite different. But when I saw the A4 parked across from mine the similarities were striking!

P.S. Yes, I recently posted on the wagon thread. It's currently stock right now but I'm going to paint the brake callipers for sure, and likely will add an intake and "smoke" the headlights, and maybe will add aftermarket roof rails. All winter garage projects!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Glad to know you found the wagon love thread. I've been a bit inactive recently and missed your post. Make sure to come back after your winter projects and post up some photo updates. Welcome to the show!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts