Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just placed the order for my 6 yesterday and during the configuration, he said the computer "wasn't allowing him" to add the lower/bumper foglights to my car. He surmised that it was due to the fact that I had the sport package which already comes with integrated foglights (in the headlight assembly). This now seems strange to me as the brochure explicitly states when you can't add a certain option with a certain package (i.e.: can't add mud/splash guards to a car with sport package.

Has anyone had a car built/configured or delivered with foglights on the bumper when it had a sport package?

By the way, I also couldn't get tehe moonroof deflector added either - no reason there.

I think I may have to have a one-on-one talk with this gentleman.

T.I.A for the help.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Reading Topic: Is my salesman pulling my leg?

Uh, it's not an option when they're already on the car. Eh?

You'll have to go aftermarket if you want six filaments glowing in the front.

·
Registered
736 Posts

Hmm.. Well, like Arcan said, you can just go aftermarket. Mazdastuff.com has a ton of great stuff at awesome prices.

·
Registered
628 Posts

Ugh

·
Registered
65 Posts

There's a way... check in the Exterior Mods forum for some ideas they have come up with to install the OEM lower fogs on sports package. It makes no sense why it can't be done, since the bumpers are essentially the same on the Appearance Package.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

i actually think it's illegal to get them done. The reason being you can only have a certain number of lights on in the front of your car, or something like that. Since the sports package has integrated fog lamps, but adding fog lights to the bottom of your car, you'd have two too many lights on, or something like that. As far as the moonroof deflector.....that makes no sense. I don't think one is necessary, but it doesn't make sense that they wont get that to you.

-yasir

·
Registered
315 Posts

The dealer or yourself CAN add the Mazda lower fog lights. And, it looks sweet with them in there.
Looks more aggressive and where most think fog lights ought to be. :)

There may be a law on number of lights, but I've never heard about it. I do believe there are laws on where the lights can and can not be installed regarding height and such.

Tome

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Is my salesman pulling my leg?'

Originally posted by imammy

i actually think it's illegal to get them done.  The reason being you can only have a certain number of lights on in the front of your car, or something like that.  Since the sports package has integrated fog lamps, but adding fog lights to the bottom of your car, you'd have two too many lights on, or something like that.  As far as the moonroof deflector.....that makes no sense.  I don't think one is necessary, but it doesn't make sense that they wont get that to you.

-yasir[/b]
It's illegal to have more than four lights (two pair) illuminated at any given time. You can bolt a rack of stadium lights to the front of your car, but as long as only four are lit at any given time, you're legal. :D

FYI, the Mini Cooper actually has 4 sets of lights total if you opt for the driving lights (driving, fog, low, high). My friend has this and he confirmed that it's wired such that you can't have more than two pair on at any given time.

·
Registered
376 Posts

my imagination is showing me a mini cooper with stadium lights... :D

hummm... that would decrease the power to its minimum since the light would be bigger than the car... :D

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Thanks for all the input but in my haste to post, I forgot to search for previous posts. According to this: http://www.mazda6club.com/forums/read.php?TID=2984 my salesman is right (darnnitt!!). Apparently, the space where the foglights would be is not the same on the appearance package or standard bumper as it is on the sport package. What a load of... excrement. I would love to have these additional bumper lights, as I think it makes the car look especially sweet. I will have to do as Zoomer suggested and find a way to get them in anyway.

As far as the law goes, screw it ;). If yall see a 6 in the near future rollin' at ya with lights up the wazoo, honk and wave - it's just me.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Just to definitively close the subject, I was just reading through the Mazda installation manual for the lower/bumper foglights (posted as a PDF by a gentleman in the other thread). On the last page (and not the first page for some god-forsaken reason); it states that the lights CANNOT be installed on cars with the front sport fascia (basically, the sport package). It goes on to show and explain why with a couple of pictures. Basically, the Lights are made for the smaller opening on the standard bumper, not the apparently larger one in the sport fascia bumper.

Again, this is a load of cowchips. I may not be able to rig this puppy up after all :(. We'll see... If nothing else, the stadium lights thing is starting to sound kinda cool.. :p

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

LBJay-

Ha! Sorry. Didn't want to say "some dude" or "a kid".

Thanks for the PDF BTW. Helped a lot. I wish I could say, though, that I had to print it out and use it to install my new fogs. *sigh*

1 - 16 of 16 Posts