Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is mi mazda 2.3L faster than a volkwagen passat 1.8T? i just want to know because a friend got one and i was wondering if i could try to race him

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
is mi mazda 2.3L faster than a volkwagen passat 1.8T? i just want to know because a friend got one and i was wondering if i could try to race him
[/b]
well tazz, first answer this. are you faster than road runner?? beep beep.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Is your 2.3L manual? There is a big difference between automatic and manual in our 2.3L, I have manual and I test drove an automatic 2.3L before, it feels slow. If you have automatic, I doubt you can beat his 1.8T if he has manual.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
His car has more torque than yours. No chance for you to win even though you have a mtx. Well, you could actually win if he miss a shift or screw up.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have faith in the 6 but I don't really know anything about the passat so you could just race him for kicks since he is your friend but def. let us know the outcome

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well his car is stock and is automatic my mazda6 is auto too so i dont know ill just race him to see

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
since it seems, given no mention of times, you are talking about street racing (no matter how controlled) your friend, gotta close it.

most of the info is out there somewhere already, so i suggest 1)searching around for more info and getting your own conclusion 2) find someone with a similar car setup and PM them if they have any experience with certain cars 3) learn how to word threads so it doesn't look like street racing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.