Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to follow others in this forum by giving a call to Mazda to check on the status of my order. My car was ordered end of Januray and the dealer told me the build date was March 5th, delivery was slated for March 15-20. I've been checking in with him and last week he told me that he still expects it in, though it could be later (said he's had them come in up to 3 weeks late).

So I gave a call Friday to Mazda USA, read off the VIN, and the rep told me 2nd week of April, much to my surprise. Also rattled something off that I didn't catch because I was on a cell phone. Today, I called again to confirm, only to get a rep that first told me he couldn't give me any information, that he did not have access to it. Then tried something else and was only able to give me a date at port of Feb 6. I told him that didn't sound possible because the order was late January/early February and the build date the dealer told me was March 5. Then he told me that he also had a date in the computer of March 4 when the VIN was assigned. I expressed my confusion of the car being at port on Feb 6 before the VIN was assigned on March 4.

So now I am thoroughly confused, and probably won't bother with any more confusion from Mazda USA. Right now I'm expecting to wait until close to mid-April. Anybody able to shed any light on this??

·
Registered
628 Posts
Reading Topic: Is Mazda confused?

Just Curious, what number at Mazda USA did you call? Maybe I should do some inquiring on the status of my car...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

1-800-222-5500, menu option 4

got it from the US website

Let me know if you get better info from your rep!

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

What kind of car did you order? Please keep in mind that there is higher demand than expected for V6 with sports and manual transmission. This is to be expected for any car in high demand.

·
Registered
628 Posts

Ahhhgh! Mazda USA is no use to me w/o a VIN. owell...more wait and see...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Absolut: Yeah, it's pretty much the same breed of the rarest of 6's. V6, manual, sport. I'm looking for some consistency here. Two reps, and the dealer are all on different pages, not just with dates but with what info they actually have. Who to believe??

Stew560: You don't have a VIN for your car? How recently did you order?

·
Registered
468 Posts

what brought me to the mazda side..was the mazdaspeed protege. after months of waiting and the release date being pushed further back each time i talked to someone. i saw the 6 infront of their dealer lots. took it for a test drive and slept on it for a week or so. mazda makes awesome cars..but have sh*tty customer service both dealer side and corporate side as well.

·
Registered
628 Posts

Ok, I called the dealer back and got my VIN, now I am getting somewhere (not really). The CSR told me nothing new really, except that the order (re-order) was placed on Feb. 21st and that "There is a real high demand for the v6." So all in all really no more info. He told me to call back in a few weeks for an update.

::sigh::

1 - 8 of 8 Posts