Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
hard to say, hasn't been a 6i with it installed yet so you'd be teh first one here at least. they make good stuff, but worth the cost....it's up to you

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
only cheaper option is JET chip. but on the same note, i've only talked to 1 6s owner with it, and 1 speed6 owner with it....and don't trust their word in regards to results as of yet. it's more a belief than a fact at this point in my opinion.

outside of that...get some suspension and wheel/tires and i can tell you from experience, you can pass most of the compitition on a road course. just gotta practice turning!

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
on a 6i atx......? you'd be just as good going with JET, it would be cheaper too

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i have yet to see anyone get anything more out of the SP-E intake than what CP-E did. so why is the tunable option worth anything? nothing against CP-E, but dyno operators laugh when i ask if they tune the Haltech which is a full standalone....after seeing how the CP-E software works, i think they'd spit on me? it's good, but they know it, and set it up right, from the getgo.

true, you need to send your ecu to Jet, but it's a 2 day turnaround, AND they "claim" to remove/raise the limiter for those interested in that

again, these are just my thoughts. i had the cp-e intake on my 6i atx, and i've played with the tuning on Atomwat's V6. it's fun to play with, but that doesn't mean you can make your car faster with it

....edit....as far as the cost goes. you can buy cpe for $530, and sell your AEM for say $100, so even with that in account, Jet is still $30 cheaper or so. i would just confirm things with JET first....again, just me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.