Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing the intake, this get me thinking...
Many people buying after BOV because of the sound. Different BOV make different sound not based on their design, but based on the horn that attached to BOV. HKS offer several different insert for BOV to make different sound.

http://www.hksusa.com/images/?id=1272

I wonder if it is possible to make a horn insert into the stock BOV pipes. I know the insert will be sealed inside the pipe, but when BOV open, the sound might pass though the intake so you can hear it. So maybe a 10$ insert in the stock BOV that can create some sort of aftermarket BOV sound?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I believe that those only work with VTA because they get replaced with a new tube when running in recirc.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you misunderstand what I mean. What I mean is, what if we stuck a custom horn inside the recirc tubes? Won't the stock BOV create the similar aftermarket sound?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I think you misunderstand what I mean. What I mean is, what if we stuck a custom horn inside the recirc tubes? Won't the stock BOV create the similar aftermarket sound?
[/b]
Remove your hoodliner and you'll increase the turbo + BOV sound by like 300%

·
Registered
329 Posts
Oh ok you want to put one inside the recirc tube then. It should be possible but the sound will be muffled and distorted by the intake.

Reactions: Sprinksspeed6

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I can understand you want to help the turbo get noticed more by the general public and all....

But this seems like 2 steps away from the "fake" turbo kits they sell... a fucking speaker... that makes the PSHHHH sound when you hit the gas or something.. installs under the hood....

My 2 cents.. if you want something.. do it right *shrug*

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Buy a cold air intake or, even simpler, remove the stock resonator.

Do not run a vent-to-air blow off valve if you value your engine.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

[/b]
I already has a CAI, and the reason why I am asking this is because, many people have VTA bov because of the sound. If we can make a horn insert into the OEM bov pipes, then we can have the similar sound, but still 100% recirc. Just a idea for the people want the aftermarket bov sound, for me, a single CAI already make engine too loud :p

·
Registered
2,426 Posts

[/b]
Why not VTA? I can't imagine it doing anything negative more so than a little less fuel efficient than recirc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts