Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I want to be able to take an American Silver Mazda6 and change the color to the Euro/Japanese "Titanium Grey" as well as add in the blacked out headlights and tail lights. How possible would all this be?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Reading Topic: Is it possible to do this?

With money almost anything is possible...

Call up Maaco :)

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts

Uh oh, better get Maaco!

It's going to cost you a pretty penny, even at Maaco. Considering the fact if you want that EXACT paint color, they will obviously have to order it from overseas, since Mazda North America doesn't paint ours that color.

Could probably repaint a Ford Mystic Cobra for less..

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Is it possible to do this?'

Originally posted by Absolut

Maaaco sucks... I would NEVER go there.  Find a some custom paint shop if you a good job... Just my experiences..[/b]
Maaco's does an ok job, it's all in how much you pay them. What my co-worker does is ship his trucks and old muscle cars to them, get the cheapest paint job in the color he wants, and then takes it over to a friend who will do a $75-$100 wet sanding and it looks show quality.

He did that for his show winning '57 Chevy C-10 and '68 Malibu and Chevelle SS.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Is it possible that Mazda will bring this color and other colors stateside?

·
Registered
237 Posts

i can tell you that the titanium grey is alot lighter in person (under daylight) than it is shown on the picture.

·
Registered
70 Posts

Isn't Japan's "Titanium Grey" N.America's "Steel Grey Metallic"?

or

"Silver Contrail" = "Glacier Silver Metallic?"

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Nope. Different color code. You can get the black housed headlights imported by a couple of countries in the States from Japan.

It would really be an unreasonable choice to change color on a brand new car. Cost a pretty penney for a good job. Wasting your money.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Originally posted by 84FordMan
Considering the fact if you want that EXACT paint color, they will obviously have to order it from overseas, since Mazda North America doesn't paint ours that color.[/b]
Ti grey was used on the US 2002 Miata SE.

To do a quality job color change could run in excess of $3,000, easily.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Are the blacked out headlights and tail lights illegal in the U.S.?

Also, I don't know how light it really is as I've never seen it but perhaps the pictures do too much justification for it.

Were there any urls around that we could use to order the blacked out sets?

·
Registered
526 Posts

Let me get this straight - you'd buy a brand new, $20,000+ car just to go out and repaint the whole thing?

You're begging...pleading for a headache IMHO. You'll have de-valued the car immensley unless you have the thing almost totally dismantled. The engine compartment, inside the trunk and various places will remain the factory color.

As was said, anything will go on anything with enough money....but you'll have bought & paid for a BMW or Mercedes by then.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I know.. I just think it'd be nice if Mazda gave us the same options they gave the rest of the world.

·
Registered
628 Posts

Originally posted by Gecko_2k2

I know.. I just think it'd be nice if Mazda gave us the same options they gave the rest of the world.[/b]
I think a few people in 'the rest of the world' would trade the Titanium Grey for the v6 that they do not have...

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Well, I think I'd take a Titanium Grey hatchback with blacked out head and tail lights with rear head restraints over a Steel Grey v6 sedan with no rear head restraints and no blacked out head or tail lights... But that's just me..

·
Registered
628 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Is it possible to do this?

For me, that Titanium Grey hatchback better have a v6 :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts