Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a truck with an alarm system, one feature I liked about it is that it automatically locked the doors when I started the motor, and unlocked doors when I turned it off. Is it possible to automatically lock/unlock the car when turning ignition key? My M6 is stock, no mods. It has factory keyless entry system if that means anything...

·
Registered
313 Posts
i remember my old viper had that option but after some thought i realized i'd rather unlock the doors myself when i know its safe. if no one can answer it here just call your dealer if its possible. i know you can have the car programmed to auto-lock a few secs after you close the door.

(yes im a bit paranoid)

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
is there a site i can buy where the doors will lock itself when the car moves after a certain speed?

P

·
0 Posts
I had a truck with an alarm system, one feature I liked about it is that it automatically locked the doors when I started the motor, and unlocked doors when I turned it off. Is it possible to automatically lock/unlock the car when turning ignition key? My M6 is stock, no mods. It has factory keyless entry system if that means anything...[/b]
Hi...been around for a while but my first post...

I want to bring this question back up. I bought a '05 6i for my wife and one thing she miss about our old Dodge car the doors auto locked once it reached 10 mph. The car is all factory so with that said are there any auto door locking features available on the 6i? It's a security concern for my wife...

Thx

-parcou

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi...been around for a while but my first post...

I want to bring this question back up. I bought a '05 6i for my wife and one thing she miss about our old Dodge car the doors auto locked once it reached 10 mph. The car is all factory so with that said are there any auto door locking features available on the 6i? It's a security concern for my wife...

Thx

-parcou[/b]

There are aftermarket security systems that will do this when connected... it may be an expensive work around, but it will work...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Get Viper security system. I have the 5002, it's amazing.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I don't have an after market alarm system and every once and a while when I turn my car off and remove the key the car unlocks itself. I still haven't figured out how I do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts