Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 mazda 6i atx with the electronic shifter so you can shift it yourself but just no clutch sadly. ive been messin around with it lately and installed a shrot ram intake which so far is doin a good job off adding some pick up i took out the back seat and put some speakers and put a magnaflow performance exhaust on it. i was just wonderin if its pointless to keep doing stuff to this car because i want a fast car that i can fun with and not really have to worry about other 4 cylinders smokin me so would anyone suggest buying just another car or can i make this one pretty quick and fun so far the only car i really lost to was my friends eclipse but he has so much shit done to it.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I have a 03 mazda 6i atx with the electronic shifter so you can shift it yourself but just no clutch sadly. ive been messin around with it lately and installed a shrot ram intake which so far is doin a good job off adding some pick up i took out the back seat and put some speakers and put a magnaflow performance exhaust on it. i was just wonderin if its pointless to keep doing stuff to this car because i want a fast car that i can fun with and not really have to worry about other 4 cylinders smokin me so would anyone suggest buying just another car or can i make this one pretty quick and fun so far the only car i really lost to was my friends eclipse but he has so much shit done to it.[/b]

Well,

If you wanted a fast 4 banger.. You chose the wrong car LoL.

Just dropping down 4 grand for a turbo will only get you to around 250hp or so......I mean. Dude, it's a 4 dor family sports sedan.

This car can be alot of fun though, But not in the way you are thinking. Screw fast going straight, Take it to the curves and have some real fun.. Then you don't need to worry about going 180mph or whatever..

as of now. you are putting down around 130-140hp tops... so yeah.. it's not an Evo or STI thats for sure lol

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
as i've always said, the short ram has always been my favorite intake. unless you are in traffic, you won't feel any loss in power, and the sound is so much better (for me at least).

...as far as the car goes. i own a '03 6i atx ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

·
Registered
172 Posts
if you wanted to go faster then any four banger hedcis is correct. Way wrong car. our cars are not ment too go super fast. Some peoples cars on here like mr tea are at the pinnicle of performance with the current platform with out going was crazier you know. If you wanted to bet any other four banger you needed something with a few more cylinders dude. anyways if you decided that going faster though corners are your thing that might prove too be better then anything. But its all about enjoying what you are doing any make it your own while doing it. Good luck

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i dont mean goin like 180 im fine with top speed and everything i guess really im askin is there any cheap mods that r gonna add just little things here and there ima bout get the govener off im gettin drop springs and some new tires and rims really as long as it looks bad ass and has a lil pep to it im havin a fun ass time its kool if i dont beat everyone whats the fun if theres no competition to look up to

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
well i dont mean goin like 180 im fine with top speed and everything i guess really im askin is there any cheap mods that r gonna add just little things here and there ima bout get the govener off im gettin drop springs and some new tires and rims really as long as it looks bad ass and has a lil pep to it im havin a fun ass time its kool if i dont beat everyone whats the fun if theres no competition to look up to[/b]

well the lightweight wheels gonna help(weight reduction), and definatelly appearance. man, cheap mods? lol, never. a header is comin out soon. newhere from 400-500 bucks im hearin. shoot, as long as u messin wit other 4 bangers (NA) u aint gonna get smoked or nothin. how u gettin the governor off?

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i searched the internet like all night one night and finally found a chip by HKS its suposed to remove the factory governer placed on cars and somethin i think i read about a little more power throughout the car but im fonna by and see its gotta a money back guarantee so it cant really hurt nothin i guess its about 170 bucks

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
well i searched the internet like all night one night and finally found a chip by HKS its suposed to remove the factory governer placed on cars and somethin i think i read about a little more power throughout the car but im fonna by and see its gotta a money back guarantee so it cant really hurt nothin i guess its about 170 bucks[/b]
u got a link to that site?

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have a 03 mazda 6i atx with the electronic shifter so you can shift it yourself but just no clutch sadly. ive been messin around with it lately and installed a shrot ram intake which so far is doin a good job off adding some pick up i took out the back seat and put some speakers and put a magnaflow performance exhaust on it. i was just wonderin if its pointless to keep doing stuff to this car because i want a fast car that i can fun with and not really have to worry about other 4 cylinders smokin me so would anyone suggest buying just another car or can i make this one pretty quick and fun so far the only car i really lost to was my friends eclipse but he has so much shit done to it.[/b]

I don't know what your financial situation is, but I wouldn't waste time with bolt ons unless you like the sound or the look. I'd save the money you're spending on these mods that only add a very small amount of power, and put it towards the purchase of a fast car. Now if you're thinking about a turbo and can afford to do it right (and by right I mean full engine /tranny build-up and tune) then by all means keep the car and save up (or try to get sponsors). But IMO, it'll be far cheaper and much less of a headache to just trade or sell your current car and purchase one you'll be happy with from the get-go. The good news is nowadays they're pretty affordable.

·
Registered
7,070 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
as i've always said, the short ram has always been my favorite intake. unless you are in traffic, you won't feel any loss in power, and the sound is so much better (for me at least).

...as far as the car goes. i own a '03 6i atx ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE[/b]
:bowdown: I'd be nothing with out the gurus...6i ATX!!! Proving we're respectable.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Anything possible.
If you wanna spend nearly 25K to get real beast - just PM me and I'll describe you everything what will be at car when I'll finish it.
If you planning just to build something fast - you will stop nearly to 10K.
If you planing car just for fun - you will end at 5-6K
So there is NO cheap mods. 1hp cost nearly 50-80$

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i know what he meant, but it has yet to be done on a CAN setup. he sounded sure of what he was doing, not trying something. good luck with it, hopefully it works.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.