Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of different people buying 6's at all different prices. My question is, if you can buy the car for invoice + the factory rebate is that considered a good deal?

People here say they've been buying new 06's for 16-17k OTD which seems really low. For example, 06i w/ ATX, convenience package, side/side curtain airbags, some minor features such as wheel locks/all weather floor mats has a MSRP of $22k and an invoice of $20.2k. If the dealer sells at invoice, with the 3k factory rebate, the total comes to around ~17.2k before taxes, registration, etc. and yet I see people buying these cars for much less!

Care to explain?

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
I haven't seen anyone say they got a 6i equipped like the one you describe for $16-17K OTD. There is a thread about a guy trying to get that price, but everyone's said there's no way that he could since that's about $2500 under invoice. That absolutely could not be done. Not without a trade-in or down-payment of course.

Pretty much the absolute most you can get off invoice is $500. Dealers do buy cars under invoice, but not that much under. Anything under invoice before rebates would be a great deal.

If you can get Invoice - Factory Rebates you got a good deal. Anything better than that is a great deal, and, by that point, you're arguing over a couple hundred bucks.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
i was out the door on my 06' 5 door Mazda 6s with moonroof/bose/6 disc package, tint, pinstripping and the compass mirror for 20.5k. msrp on it was 28 or so, i was and am happy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't seen anyone say they got a 6i equipped like the one you describe for $16-17K OTD. There is a thread about a guy trying to get that price, but everyone's said there's no way that he could since that's about $2500 under invoice. That absolutely could not be done. Not without a trade-in or down-payment of course.

Pretty much the absolute most you can get off invoice is $500. Dealers do buy cars under invoice, but not that much under. Anything under invoice before rebates would be a great deal.

If you can get Invoice - Factory Rebates you got a good deal. Anything better than that is a great deal, and, by that point, you're arguing over a couple hundred bucks.
[/b]
thats what i thought but people who have actually bought the car, unlike the poster who is trying to get the car, have gotten some great deals for 16-16.5k OTD for a base 6i.

the reason I ask is because a dealer near me finally has the car I want - a new 06i w/ ATX and side/side curtain airbags, nothing else. Their sticker price is 18.7, which I think is too high. The way I see it, invoice is 19.4k-2500 factory rebate = 16.9k, MAYBE I can go down 500 dollars or so to make it 16.5k selling price = ~17.5 OTD.

Advice would be appreciated

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Anyone who says that they got a similarly-equipped car to the one you describe for $16.5K OTD put money down, plain and simple. That or they're lying. No way they got $2,500 under invoice before rebates. Some areas might have regional incentives (there's no way to find out about these as they're not published) as much as $1000, but nothing like $2,500 under invoice before factory rebates.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
i think i got 1500 under invoice on my car but i'm not sure. i know that i put 2k down and have a loan for 18k but my car isn't a 6i and it's pretty loaded.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll be up front, accurate and detailed...hope others will to. In Jan '06 when I got my 6i 5-Door, Manual Trans with Bose/Sunroof Package, Homelink/Autodim Mirror and Wheel locks. I paid 21,500 out the door.

This included:

- A trade in of $500 for a car that was worth far less '89 MX-6 with 221,000 miles)

- $2,500 in rebates (w/financing cash back of $500).

(when the haggle was done we ended at 19,300 plus ttl and some other BS like a $69 credit check and window etching)

Hope this kind of info helps.

FYI....I am in the market again since a tree fell on my car last month and totaled it. Looking to do even better this time around.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Ok then to be specific, I walked out at 20,500 without down payment or trade in 2 weeks ago on my 06' 5door 6s. Now after down payment of 2,500 I have a loan through my credit union at 18k even with no MAC. 06' 6s with bose/moonroof/6 disc package, pinstripping, wheel locks, window tint(supposedly 200 bucks), and the homelink mirror. i feel that price is good don't know about others.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
the fact is that you can avail of the following rebates (as and when available) after invoice (s-plan)
- MAC financing ($1000)
- Graduate ($500)
- Rev-it-up($250)
- Loyalty($1000)
- Regional discounts($1500)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Picked my '06 MazdaSpeed6 Sport for $20,999 + tax, title, and fees. MSRP was $28,770. Internet price was already below invoice, then $3,500 in rebates, then haggled some more. I'm happy with the deal.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Picked my '06 MazdaSpeed6 Sport for $20,999 + tax, title, and fees. MSRP was $28,770. Internet price was already below invoice, then $3,500 in rebates, then haggled some more. I'm happy with the deal.
[/b]
so you got the car below actual dealer cost? impressive.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Invoice is not dealer cost.
[/b]
no shit sherlock. dealer cost on the ms6 is 20,500 or more.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Yes. That leaves them with their "trunk" money (incentive back from Mazda which may include a reduced actual invoice). That's a good deal.

·
Registered
172 Posts
When I bought my wifes 6i base auto we paid only 14k for it and its msrp was almost 20k. We got it so low was because it was a loss leader. If anyone does not know what that means is the dealer themselves are selling it below what they paid for the car due too fact that dealers dont have too pay one red cent to mazda or any other car maker for that fact, for aboput 3 or 4 months. Then they have to either buy the car of sell it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i was out the door on my 06' 5 door Mazda 6s with moonroof/bose/6 disc package, tint, pinstripping and the compass mirror for 20.5k. msrp on it was 28 or so, i was and am happy.
[/b]
I got my base 6s ATX 3 weeks ago and payed under 19K out the door after taxes rebates etc.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts