Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I see it and I just ignore it. I find it annoying that I have to scroll down a bit to see other threads. The new guy is already banned but I wonder why the topics he started are not yet deleted.

·
Administrator
8,506 Posts
Sorry. I thought I took care of them earlier, but l guess the app acts a little differently.

They should be gone now...

·
Super Moderator
17,296 Posts
Yeah, they seem to show up early in the AM EST, so I don't usually get to them until I've got through my emails and whatnot and can hop on here. Thanks for your patience with everything; there's only so much we can do.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah, they seem to show up early in the AM EST, so I don't usually get to them until I've got through my emails and whatnot and can hop on here. Thanks for your patience with everything; there's only so much we can do.
Some of us check the forum after hitting the snooze alarm.

you have been quick to delete them. It took me weeks to be able to access them while I was at a PC to copy one into a translator to see what great opportunity we were all missing. (Fake Diplomas)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
We are being invaded!!!

I don't want to sound like a racist or something but, how about an automatic ban for "unreadable characters"?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Could an automatic block be implemented that suspends any account that adds more then 2 large posts the minute they join?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
No, but theres no point to NOT IP banning China altogether. The one or two legit people we might help wont suffer that much.
That will be unfair! This forum exist for the sole purpose of sharing information to help Mazda 6 owners.

Then again, since they are "invading" our country, I want these Chinese to be banned.

Honestly, it has been annoying to see those posts and to scroll down just to see a couple more posts.

Can someone have a limited authority to ban those guys that belong to a certain IP range aside from our moderators?

·
Super Moderator
17,296 Posts
No, but theres no point to NOT IP banning China altogether. The one or two legit people we might help wont suffer that much.
Doesn't matter - VPNs.

We can't possibly block every person ahead of time who could be a spammer. Lots of these guys will use public space or other people's internet to run their crappy little bots on them.

I'll be honest, the new website makes it quite a bit easier to manage these bot and catch them before they post any nonsense. The new website uses StopForumSpam to give me warnings about potential spammers trying to join the website. If their username, email, IP, etc have been reported by any other forums to StopForumSpam as being illegitimate, I get a message and decide if they should be allowed in.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Doesn't matter - VPNs.

We can't possibly block every person ahead of time who could be a spammer. Lots of these guys will use public space or other people's internet to run their crappy little bots on them.

I forgot about VPN! Then yes, it doesn't matter. I have forgotten what country but a friend of mine said that Viber and the likes are banned so you cannot download it in that place. The answer of course is, VPN.

The reason is, you won't be using their local Telecom and so they don't earn when you call your love ones.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts