Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to spend money, but seems like as far as intake systems go, no one has broken the new MAF system. :( That or they're just not advertising it yet.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Yup, and there are springs/coilovers, which it looks like you have already. Body kits, interior mods stay the same for the most part. Same hoods, etc.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
the MAFci is worth every cent.

·
Registered
476 Posts
what do ya say about badgeless grills!? there are ones on e-bay but they say'03-'06 I thought that the '06 has a different shape grill line. whats up?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup, and there are springs/coilovers, which it looks like you have already. Body kits, interior mods stay the same for the most part. Same hoods, etc.
[/b]
Heh, Photoshop is a beautiful thing :D

CLAtenza - looking into it. Waiting for hubby's Civic to get done.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
are the other products good and reliable? I was looking at the headers and such too. I just bought 06 bout month ago and probably wont do any mods till my warranty is up but I wanted to make sure that if I change all that out that it wont mess the engine up.
[/b]
Reading through this site you will find that CP-E and Injen are about the highest regarded companies making products for our cars. I too have a '06 and if you read my signature or check out my ride in the garage section you will see that I have a few modificatons. Non of these mods will void a warranty by just being on the car. The cold air intake might if you run through a river or large puddle and suck up water in to the engine. But with that said I was at first very stand offish with modding. Then I talked to my service manager @ the dealership. He knows his shit. And told me that unless a problem is directly connected to a mod there is nothing to worry about. He went to the extent of telling me that if I am to blow the engine due to a turbo just be smart enough to take that sucker off prior to bringing her in for repair. He was kidding but got his point across :laugh:
Search this site and you will find this to be true.
So enjoy and mod, mod, mod away :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Reading through this site you will find that CP-E and Injen are about the highest regarded companies making products for our cars. I too have a '06 and if you read my signature or check out my ride in the garage section you will see that I have a few modificatons. Non of these mods will void a warranty by just being on the car. The cold air intake might if you run through a river or large puddle and suck up water in to the engine. But with that said I was at first very stand offish with modding. Then I talked to my service manager @ the dealership. He knows his shit. And told me that unless a problem is directly connected to a mod there is nothing to worry about. He went to the extent of telling me that if I am to blow the engine due to a turbo charger just be smart and take that sucker off prior to bringing her in for repair :laugh:
Search this site and you wil find this to be true.
So enjoy and mod, mod, mod away :D
[/b]

thanks man, appreciate it. I bought a auto with that triptronic shifter. I heard that a manual will be faster than an auto in a quarter mile, but what if I put it in manual. Shouldn't it be equal to the manual as far as quarter mile time?

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
thanks man, appreciate it. I bought a auto with that triptronic shifter. I heard that a manual will be faster than an auto in a quarter mile, but what if I put it in manual. Shouldn't it be equal to the manual as far as quarter mile time?
[/b]
First I will say congrates, welcome aboard and enjoy your new car!!!!! But... I dont believe that it will be a quick on the shift. My last car had this feature and I never used it. With out the control with the clutch it just isnt the same. But there are auto shift kits made for the car that are suppose to kick ass. I think RPM has them. I am not too sure though.
If you have any simple questions feel free to PM me if you cant find the answer by searching this site. I remember how it is to start off and absorb all the info :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
[/b]
Unfortunately, it won't even be close. The automatic tends to be down about 10-25 hp at the wheels compared to the manual. Too many driveline losses.

·
Registered
15 Posts
First I will say congrates, welcome aboard and enjoy your new car!!!!! But... I dont believe that it will be a quick on the shift. My last car had this feature and I never used it. With out the control with the clutch it just isnt the same. But there are auto shift kits made for the car that are suppose to kick ass. I think RPM has them. I am not too sure though.
If you have any simple questions feel free to PM me if you cant find the answer by searching this site. I remember how it is to start off and absorb all the info :)
[/b]

Looking for the auto shift kit, havent found it. If you happen to come across it in your web surfing, let me know.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'm ready to spend money, but seems like as far as intake systems go, no one has broken the new MAF system. :( That or they're just not advertising it yet.
[/quote

One question... assuming that's your car, why does it have 17 inch wheels when mine has 18's with P Zero Nero tires and its an 2006 model? Is it another trim? If somebody knows please reply

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
11 Participants
carlostruco
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing