Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are two vacuum nipples, and our set-up is for one. What would be the best solution for this? Is it supposed to loop in, or get capped off? Never ran a Type-S before, and the guy I got it from on e-bay didn't send any directions for it. I think there's a couple people on here with one and a little help would be appriciated.

Thanks,
-Andy

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
There are two vacuum nipples, and our set-up is for one. What would be the best solution for this? Is it supposed to loop in, or get capped off? Never ran a Type-S before, and the guy I got it from on e-bay didn't send any directions for it. I think there's a couple people on here with one and a little help would be appriciated.

Thanks,
-Andy
[/b]
vacuum goes on the top. leave the bottom open.

on another note, you should use teflon tape on the threads to prevent small leaks in the future. you'll also need to adjust the spring.

why did u switch from the rs?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vacuum goes on the top. leave the bottom open.

on another note, you should use teflon tape on the threads to prevent small leaks in the future. you'll also need to adjust the spring.

why did u switch from the rs?
[/b]
Thanks for the help.

I've heard the sound is pretty... well, different even in recirc. I got it off e-bay for $30.00 shipped.

Is one any better than the other?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Thanks for the help.

I've heard the sound is pretty... well, different even in recirc. I got it off e-bay for $30.00 shipped.

Is one any better than the other?
[/b]
the sound is the only difference. the type-s makes a whoosh then whistle, even in recirc. theres a ton of videos on streetfire.net.

30 shipped is a steal. you sure its a real one?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's real, but used. It came with an extra spring too. I'm gonna take it apart and compare the two because they are supposed to be different.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
It's real, but used. It came with an extra spring too. I'm gonna take it apart and compare the two because they are supposed to be different.
[/b]
there should be 2 springs inside. a small and large. you can run it with just one spring, but then the only sound you'll get is the whistle and itll blow off under any throttle change.

·
Registered
851 Posts
the fakes fairly well made. i have done long term test on the rs style and the s style and they seem to hold their own.

about the diaphram being ripped when arrived, i've seen greddy ones that have been cracked when they arrived or have had some other defect.

just because one did it doesn't mean all of them will be like that. the 'knock' off diaphrams are similar construction to the greddy ones. i took some pics compairing the 2 i will post them later when i get back from work

·
Registered
244 Posts
All the real typeS on ebay cost like 250$... because it has a very nice sound, and greddy doesn't make it anymore.

But anyway, I am gonna try a fake one soon.

I checked on DSM board, many people run the 30$ BOV with over 25psi for over a year, and it runs perfectly fine. Some people over there said the components are completly the same as greddy, and you can actually buy a greddy diaphram to replace the one in the fake typeS BOV. 30$ shipped for a BOV, and 23$ for a adaptor from ATP.. sounds like a great deal to me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
All the real typeS on ebay cost like 250$... because it has a very nice sound, and greddy doesn't make it anymore.

But anyway, I am gonna try a fake one soon.

I checked on DSM board, many people run the 30$ BOV with over 25psi for over a year, and it runs perfectly fine. Some people over there said the components are completly the same as greddy, and you can actually buy a greddy diaphram to replace the one in the fake typeS BOV. 30$ shipped for a BOV, and 23% for a adaptor from ATP.. sounds like a great deal to me.
[/b]
same here. I'll rder one for my mS3 beofre it even get here.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I just placed the orders from ATP, greddy diaphram and some random seller on ebay. The total cost come out to be 134.18$ shipped, compare to 250$+ for the real deal. Once I receive it I will write a review.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just placed the order from ATP and some random seller on ebay. The total cost come out to be 62$. I will also shop for a real greddy diaphram too, cost around 65$ shipped.

So I guess the total will be 130$ for a perfect greddy type S replica. Once I receive it I will write a review.
[/b]
where did u get the greddy diagram

·
Registered
244 Posts
part number is 99900061, you can find it at a lot of place.

but seems like www.morepowerracing.com has best price. They have it for around 70$ shipped.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts