Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering. This is usually the first mod that comes out for cars. Is the MS6 that hard to make one for? I would think that even Mazda would offer one off the bat. :drive:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just wondering. This is usually the first mod that comes out for cars. Is the MS6 that hard to make one for? I would think that even Mazda would offer one off the bat. :drive:
[/b]
local Mazda dealer told me the one on Mazdausa.com would work...i believe it's the same as the normal 6

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
local Mazda dealer told me the one on Mazdausa.com would work...i believe it's the same as the normal 6
[/b]
I thought it wouldn't work? The regular 6's don't come with the same 6 speed set up as the MS6 from what I understand otherwise I'm sure people would have installed it already. :unsure:

·
Registered
65 Posts
good point...maybe the guy at the dealership didn't know what he was talking about. i know that would come as a surprise.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
TWM is working on one, harrass them with e-mails and we might have a product :)
[/b]
I wouldn't hold my breath on TWM. I inquired about a shifter for the MS6 at the beginning of September, and it doesn't sound like we are very high on their priority list:

TWM Performance is currently working on a few new shifter models and
bushing kits that will be launched in the next few months. We have
done a
quick look into the 2006 Mazda, Mazdaspeed6 to see if it is compatible
with our existing line up of shifters? Unfortunately there is zero
compatibility and a new shifter would need to be developed starting
from
scratch.

As much as we would love to start working on developing a shifter for
the
Mazdaspeed6 our current schedule would not allow for this. We are
however
collecting the necessary components needed so that when we are ready to
begin development we have everything in house. We will begin working
on
this new shifter as soon as our other projects have cleared.

If you are a member of a Mazda forum or if you would like to sign up to
our newsletter at http://www.twmperformance.com you will be notified
upon
its release date. In addition, you will be entitled to a 5% discount
on
any of our products simply for signing up to our newsletter.

Thanks,

Kevin
TWM Performance
[/b]

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
You need to reply to him that any shifter to fit the MS6 is going to fit the MS3 and *should* fit the NC Miata... this is something they need to look into...

·
Registered
778 Posts
I don't think it will fit the NC miata because it uses a RWD tranny and you don't have the same linkage.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The mazdaspeed sport shifter is not for the MS6. Won't work due to the reverse lockout. TWM will prob be the first one to make one.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I got a dollar that says once the MS3 comes out...this will become a higher priority on TWM's list :sarc:

·
Registered
353 Posts
You can always cut and weld the top part of the shifter. Still gives a shorter throw and is still a short shifter. Now before anyone jumps on me about this, it gives the advantage of having a shorter throw yes because basically, you would be holding the shifter lower. HOWEVER, it does not give you the mechanical advantage that a "normal" short throw shifter does. Normally a short throw shifter changes where the linkage meets up with the shifter. The top part generally stays the same length. To get an idea of what I'm talking about by shortening the shifter, grab the shifter lower than the op and try shifting from there, you will get an idea, though it would be easier having the shifter there than just holding the shaft there.

But, its still a shorter throw regardless. I have this done on my talon and I love it.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You can always cut and weld the top part of the shifter. Still gives a shorter throw and is still a short shifter. Now before anyone jumps on me about this, it gives the advantage of having a shorter throw yes because basically, you would be holding the shifter lower. HOWEVER, it does not give you the mechanical advantage that a "normal" short throw shifter does. Normally a short throw shifter changes where the linkage meets up with the shifter. The top part generally stays the same length. To get an idea of what I'm talking about by shortening the shifter, grab the shifter lower than the op and try shifting from there, you will get an idea, though it would be easier having the shifter there than just holding the shaft there.

But, its still a shorter throw regardless. I have this done on my talon and I love it.
[/b]
It's not the ease of shifting I'm looking for. I want the mechanical advantage for quicker shifts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts