Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problem with my iPod USB connection in my 2014 Mazda6 GT. My iPod works with my other cars, but not with the Mazda. I connected the USB cable but for some reason the audio does not receive the USB connection. It's a simple connection so I don't why the USB tab in the audio does not light up to allow me to touch the USB tab to play the iPod. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
125 Posts
There are several threads on the forum discussing USB and Bluetooth connectivity issues. Even so, your iPod should connect, albeit slowly. If it does not connect at all, then a visit to the dealer is in order.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Known issue with infotainment system. If you have an iPod with a large amount of songs on it, the system cannot read it correctly. They have no fix for it yet.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have over 18,000 songs on my iPod. It takes a good 8 - 10 minutes to scan and play via USB but it does eventually connect.

OP: try doing a hard reset on your iPod. If it still won't play go see the dealer. Other people have had their USB/BT module replaced.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have over 18,000 songs on my iPod. It takes a good 8 - 10 minutes to scan and play via USB but it does eventually connect.

OP: try doing a hard reset on your iPod. If it still won't play go see the dealer. Other people have had their USB/BT module replaced.

Boy I wish mine did this. I have just over 17k worth of songs, and it only tries to sync for about 1 minute before I get an error. This happened with my original iPod and the new one I just bought last month,

·
Registered
125 Posts
Some of this is Apple's fault for sure. My iPod Touch worked just fine with the G1 version of Sync in my 2008 Fusion up until iOS v3. Then it would never index the songs. I bought an iPod Classic without iOS that worked just fine. Eventually I dropped in an SSD drive in a USB enclosure with 28K songs. It worked fine but the Touch ever worked again. All this stupid DRM crap doesn't stop piracy and only hurts consumers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
jazzdab
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing