Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey so i have looked everywhere to try and figure out how to hook up an ipod ANY possible way to an 04 mazda 6 w/ bose. all i am able to find is how the 04 is the only year that doesnt work.. like wtf. i did hook up an amp and 2 12" kenwood subs from the wiring of the sub in the back and it sounds great! but now just looking to hook up an ipod any way possible, but looking to stay super cheap and prob just hard wiring one in. if ya have done this or know how to please help. thanks!

·
Registered
563 Posts
hey so i have looked everywhere to try and figure out how to hook up an ipod ANY possible way to an 04 mazda 6 w/ bose. all i am able to find is how the 04 is the only year that doesnt work.. like wtf. i did hook up an amp and 2 12" kenwood subs from the wiring of the sub in the back and it sounds great! but now just looking to hook up an ipod any way possible, but looking to stay super cheap and prob just hard wiring one in. if ya have done this or know how to please help. thanks!
from what i've heard, only half the 04's have the problem. there is a solution if you wish to take apart your radio and solder a connection between 2 pins. otherwise you could look up the 3.5mm jack mod and just use that to hook up any mp3 player.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to wire the rca and remote wires for the amp i jus tapped into the stock wires that ran to the sub it was super easy.
and ya i have read about the sodering the 2 connections together which i wouldnt have a problem wit but i read to do that then everything is super unclear on wat the next step is. but i also have read about the 3.5 mm jack mod and then kept reading that it wont work on my 04. cause i was very interested in doing this one... http://forum.mazda6club.com/mazdaspeed6/225354-how-3-5mm-stereo-bose-system.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone tired this one?

MAZDA AUXILIARY ADAPTER (TYPE II)*::*MAZDA AUX IPOD MP3 ADAPTERS*::*AUX AND IPOD ADAPTERS*::*OEM Factory Aux Ipod Adapters & Changers*::*AUTOTOYS

Looks like it does the same thing as an AuxMod. Only twice as much. But AuxMod never has stock.

This looks like my only option as I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to wiring/splicing/soldering unless there is a step-by-step tutorial. Wing, maybe you could put something together. I am sure there are a bunch of 2004 owners wishing for a cheap non-FM Modulation setup for MP3 aux input.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I may be close to trying to get my hands on that thing... Pretty irritated with the entire system in 2004 at the moment, trying to control myself. Might just give that thing a go though.

Anyone tried it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought a 2004 6s w/ the in-dash CD changer and the Bose system. I would definitely be interested in finding out a nice, clean way to hook up my iPod. I would like for my CD changer to still work and to be able to control the ipod from the HU and steering wheel. I was thinking of just getting a factory cassette deck installed, but it seems to be expensive for a cassette player. I know NOTHING about these things, but I was reading about the GROM adapters and was wondering if anyone has successfully installed one in an '04. If so, does anyone have photos of the finished product?

·
Registered
33 Posts
i have a 04 mazda with the bose system. i really hate how it doesnt have a tape deck cos its cheap and works way better than the fm tuner. I was looking into getting the stock casette player installed but thats more expensive than the tuner. really with i cud have i could plug in the ipod with an aux jack so i dont have to put up with the annoying static :angry:

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a IPOD interface that plugs into the back of the factory radio available at the Mazda dealer. I just ordered one for a 07 Speed6 with the BOSE system. It charges the Ipod/Iphone and you can use the steering wheel functions, and the playlists/artists are displayed on the top screen

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue with my 03. its the 6 disc Bose system and there is no adapters made for it. It cost $200 just for mounting bracket to put in an aftermarket radio. I am looking to hook up my ipod as well as my phone and keep my stering wheel controls useable

1 - 14 of 14 Posts