Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Tommy,

I have a MS6 with Mazda accessory Sirius satellitle. Would I be able to use this and keep the Sirius?

Thanks,
Dave

S

·
0 Posts
Too bad I have a 2004. Anyone know why it's not compatible? I thought the head units were the same...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Too bad I have a 2004. Anyone know why it's not compatible? I thought the head units were the same...
[/b]

In Mazda's model year compatibility chart there is a big fat NO listed in the box for 2003 and 2004 Mazda6. I do not know the reason.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
It would make sense if it was 2006+ because the 06 radio is different from the 05 and older models.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the IceLink Ipod adapter and a 2004 6s wagon. When I hooked it up it didn't work. But I remember seeing on another sellers website that the 2004 (and 2003 i think) has the cicuitry disabled for the CD changer (if it wasn't installed at the factory like mine) and there was a photo of a jumper on the stock radio board that had to be soldered. So, since I already paid for and installed the IceLink, I dove in and took the factory radio apart and found the jumper. I soldered it, put everything back and Viola..success. So, the one seller I found that information from is probably not afraid to tell people what works instead of other sellers just saying that it won't work with '03s and '04s.

·
Registered
449 Posts
It might work on 05's and up because the 04's had to have that circuit board soldered for the other audio mods to work. I'd be curious to know if that was done if the item would work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts