Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Mazda6Club.com!
Great forum, great info and drivers.
I have a 2006 Mazdaspeed6 (Titanium Grey II, Black leather, GT package) and have had it only since April 23rd. I, of course, love it and not in a friendly way. I needed a daily driver that was "respectable" and shuffle a bit (it's a company car, see). Looking for all the little "gimmees" and "stealth" mods I can manage. I ride bikes and dig motorsports too. I was an engineer, mechanic and machineist at one time or another. Any info I can give the forum, just ask. You guys already helped me!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to 6club. Glad to hear that you love the speed6. Wish I could afford one :( . Hope ya enjoy the car and the community here is VERY helpful. BTW... www.cp-e.com
[/b]
Thanks! If you need a discount I know a Ford employee who can get you X_Plan. Hang in there, besides the car you have still rocks.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Thanks! If you need a discount I know a Ford employee who can get you X_Plan. Hang in there, besides the car you have still rocks.
[/b]
Yeah, I love my 6....It eats all my money. Get some pictures up ASAP also :D :drive:

·
Registered
978 Posts
Hello Mazda6Club.com!
Great forum, great info and drivers.
I have a 2006 Mazdaspeed6 (Titanium Grey II, Black leather, GT package) and have had it only since April 23rd. I, of course, love it and not in a friendly way. I needed a daily driver that was "respectable" and shuffle a bit (it's a company car, see). Looking for all the little "gimmees" and "stealth" mods I can manage. I ride bikes and dig motorsports too. I was an engineer, mechanic and machineist at one time or another. Any info I can give the forum, just ask. You guys already helped me!
[/b]
Wish I could get my company to pony up for a Speed! Just think how much money I could save them because i could get from location to location faster!

Congrats on your sweet car and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wish I could get my company to pony up for a Speed! Just think how much money I could save them because i could get from location to location faster!

Congrats on your sweet car and welcome aboard!
[/b]

Thanks! I was told to pick something with (4) doors, leather and nice interior that can handle all seasons.
Let's see; (4) doors - check, leather - check, Nice int. - check, all season - check(AWD). Wow looks like I met the criteria. I am sooo respectable. I even drive nice (only pass on left side).

·
Registered
979 Posts
You will need a good set of snow tires too because he stockers suck trust me!!!! But you must work for one hell of a company to get you that car!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You will need a good set of snow tires too because he stockers suck trust me!!!! But you must work for one hell of a company to get you that car!
[/b]
Thanks for the welcome and advice. Just moved companies, the new guys are pretty cool too. They just told me some criteria and let me pick.

MS6 & R6, huh? I like you more and more. If you are in the Detroit area I can show you around.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Thanks! I was told to pick something with (4) doors, leather and nice interior that can handle all seasons.
Let's see; (4) doors - check, leather - check, Nice int. - check, all season - check(AWD). Wow looks like I met the criteria. I am sooo respectable. I even drive nice (only pass on left side).
[/b]
Did they give you a price limit, or why didn't you look at the Mercedes S-class 4-matic? ;)

Welcome. I get to MI a fair amount for work and I'm surprised at how few 6 I see on the highways out there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did they give you a price limit, or why didn't you look at the Mercedes S-class 4-matic? ;)

Welcome. I get to MI a fair amount for work and I'm surprised at how few 6 I see on the highways out there.
[/b]
There is a limit, above which I foot the difference, but more importantly Mercedes are not "forbidden" just not one of our core customers. I wanted to focus on Mazda, Honda, Toyota, Ford, GM, DCX and Nissan. Mazda is great because it's a Ford brand (covers the domestics, "Hey look it's made by Ford!") and the Pacific rim folks can appreciate I got something from their neck of the woods. Best of both worlds.

The 6 is more prevelent in the SE part of MI. In any case it was not heavily marketed here. Too bad, they are great cars.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
l8br8kr
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing