Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!
I am new on here and I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Susan and I just bought my first Mazda6. Its an 03 from Illinois. Clean inside and out and fully loaded. It is not the sport and it is a 4 cyl but it has the aftermarket lip, sideskirts, bumper and spoiler on it. Its charcol grey almost black. Auto with tiptronic (REALLY wanted a manual since ive driven one since I was 16 but I couldnt seem to find a good one that was.) I have lots of plans to do to this car and already have HIDs on the way :) I am going to get it tinted, im planning on slamming it to the ground as far as I can (but still enough clearance to drive in Minnesota winters) I would like to get some Black wheels because my plan is to black it out completely so if you know anyone selling black 5 spokes for cheap with tires let me know! I also want to put an intake on but not sure if It will increase my mpg or decrease it. I want to find a different grill and tint my taillights. Hopefully all this will be done in a couple of months if things go as planned. If you have any other ideas of things I can do let me know!

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Welcome!

Intake brand doesn't really matter for the 6i (since it's just a pipe a few inches long anyway). Just get the BOMZ intake off eBay and attach an AEM DryFlow air filter to the end. Done.

As far as the appearance package goes, It looks OEM to me. Yes, Mazda made sport & nonsport bumpers, but also made an appearance kit for the nonsport bumpers.

Slam it to the ground? Tein S-Techs give the biggest drop (flush in the rear, slightly tucked up front).

Recommended mods: HIDs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is a good exhast system for it? I want it deep but not stupid loud. I was looking at teins but they are expensive but may be worth it for a smooth ride.

·
Registered
403 Posts
What is a good exhast system for it? I want it deep but not stupid loud. I was looking at teins but they are expensive but may be worth it for a smooth ride.
I would think Magnaflow but im thinking a full catback may be over kill, im not sure if the racing beat mufflers are for the 4 but those may sound nice.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I have a custom axle-back setup (since we don't pick up any power whatsoever from a cat-back). It's loud but not toooo loud. There's a link to it in my sig. It cost $270 and sounds better than any system you can buy for the N/A 6.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
anyone have pictures of their cars with tein S techs?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Welcome, and congrats on the car! There's a lot of nice, helpful people on this site that are extremely knowledgeable. I'm sure you will learn a lot :).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts