Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

My name is Vince (OCTOGONPC) Black from Charlotte, NC and I'm a recent purchaser of a 2014 Mazda 6 in Liquid Silver :)cool:). Before purchasing, I have been scanning the entries in this board, and the information has been invaluable. I hope to one day return the favor by being a contributor, and not just a connoisseur. I purchased My Mazda at Mazda of South Charlotte, after my 2006.5 Kia Optima "gave up the ghost". I had gone to another dealership and seen the new 6 prior to this event, however I did not test drive one until AFTER it. The fellas at Mazda of South Charlotte are the sales leaders in the NC/SC area, and it showed. The BEST attributes of my new 6 are the dealer installed foglights, rear spoiler, wheel locks, and tinted windows which were already on the car when I looked at it. Also I was the 1st and only Test Driver of the car (started w/ 1.7 miles, and had came off the truck that morning). This car was EXACTLY what I prayed for and wanted, and it appears, as fate would have it, this was a "special delivery" just for me!:D

When I signed up for MyMazda.com, they asked for the name of the car. I have always named my cars, but could not figure what I would call this new member of the family. After a little research, I found out that term "TAKERI" means "male" in Japanese, so a feminine name became a moot option. Since this 6 was built in Japan, I figured it should have a Japanese sounding name. So, I researched Japanese naming structure and found out the Latin word for 6, "hexa", didn't exist, so I decided to use HEXA (6) as a stem, and -RI (Person) as a "suffix", and since my last name is BLACK ("Kuro"), I created the name "KURO HEXARI" (since Surnames come first in Japanese culture). So without further ado, allow me to introduce to you..."Kuro Hexari":

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the purchase! :) I like how you methodically thought pair your name. I'm just like, yeah, that sounds good. :p

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: OCTOGONPC

·
Registered
632 Posts
welcome

·
Administrator
18,693 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on your recent purchase. Cool naming idea - I went with a Japanese noun as well, not really a name as much as it is a description :)

Do you know what level tint that is?
Looks factory to me. Check out my 2014 thread. First page has pics of car stock tint (about 95%) and one of the last pages has a pic of it yesterday after I got it tinted to 35%.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Nice.

Theres a red one that lives near me and was the first one Ive seen in person. They look pretty good but definitely that car NEEDS to be lowered :)

"Kuro" usually refers to "dark", in color if an object or in personality if a person.
"Kuroi" means the color black.

The specific kanji for the words will give you an idea of what the word means.

Like for names, my original name was Riki. If you just read it as "Riki", it means power/strength usually but there is specific kanji for that meaning. The kanji for my name actually means something along the lines of "rare life" or "rare hope" since my kanji for ki is the same as the kanji for the word kibou meaning hope.

Fun fact: I was born in the same city your car was born.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Riki. I used KURO because of the Pioneer Series of Plasma Televisions, and the internet told me that it meant "black". That's probably a loss of translation in there somewhere.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Engine Cover Mod

Here are some quick images of my engine cover mod! Was a very MESSY and Tedious process, and though not perfect, I so like the end result. Comments are encouraged:

Cover1:

Cover2:

Engine BEFORE (without cover):

Engine AFTER Cover:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
That is some nice looking work! WOW that makes a huge difference. Like the CAI slapped in there.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.