Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Thanks.
Yeah red, I mean they are brembo's..lol.
I think they will be great. Probably be the end of the summer before I really get to test them out on the track. I guess I will have to be content with admiring them till then. Sure will be nice to get rid of the rusty ass stock rotors and calipers. I sure hope the brembo rotors do not rust like the stock ones.
Thought about sending you a pm about the rotoras, but at that intro price I couldn't refuse the brembo's.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The introductory offer ended back in March, and since that time, the Brembos have been on backorder. However, we have one (1) set that's available right now. Once it's sold, we'll be back to waiting for more parts again. If you've been waiting for these, now is your chance!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sorry to dig out this old thread, but can anyone confirm fitment issues of the Brembo GT brakes on the Speed6 with OEM 18" wheels?

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
no go for OEM bud

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah, I further searched and found a thread about the OEM wheels not clearing. Any idea what spacer size would be required to clear the Brembos?

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
the spacer would be big enough to make it not worth keeping the stockers due to safety i would imagine. it's not just the offser of them, but the spokes on the stock wheels tend to go staight from center to outside without much curving. the caliper stands off the rotor about 1.5" i think, so that's a whole lot to worry about.

...don't plan on using the stockers at all. i'll see if i can find it, but i think we got a diagram in one of falcon's threads if not this one, somewhere.

·
Registered
937 Posts
You will have a hard time finding aftermarket rims to fit the Brembo's. I was lucky with my Advans RS fitting No problem. There is not much room left we are talking mm's.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
when i had my Rotora's first put on, i test fit a total of 5 wheels before i found 2 sets that i liked that fit (bought a street and a track setup), luckily there was a local shop that was really cool about it and really a big help. you're best bet is to get the measurements listed, and use them as you look at wheels. there a quite a few ROTA's that do fit i know. my ROTA boost wheels have a good 10-15mm clearance, though they are a 35mm offset as well, the 42offset they have would be perfect.

definately don't buy wheels before checking clearances

·
Registered
211 Posts
21 - 32 of 32 Posts