Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Revolution Performance Motorsports is now an authorized vendor for Brembo's GT series. They have given us the authorization to introduce these kits at an unbelievable price so that we can get some of these out on the road!

The Gran Turismo system's level of technology and performance is unrivaled by any other product on the market. Each system is designed vehicle specific for maximum performane and "Optimum Brake Balance".

This Gran Turismo System is comprised of lightweight 4 piston calipers and 1 piece cross-drilled vented rotors that are 13" in diameter. Calipers are available in red, silver or black. Increased brake torque and thermal capacity, dramatically improves the vehicles performance.

This powerful combination offers the extreme in Brembo's leading edge technology for high performance street and track use applications.

Brembo brake systems are fully compatible with your vehicles ABS and traction control systems. Systems are pre-assembled and include all necessary hardware for ease of installation.

Features:
  • (2) One-piece Vented Disc Rotors (cross-drilled)
    - Diameter: 330mm (13 inches)
    - Thickness: 28mm
  • (2) Four-piston Aluminum Calipers (red, black or silver)
  • (2) Ferodo FM1000 Brake Pads (other pads available)
  • (2) Goodrich Stainless Steel Brake Lines
  • Aircraft quality mounting brackets and hardware
All kits include Ferodo FM1000 brake pads. If any of the optional pads are selected, they will be included in addition to the Ferodo FM1000 pads.

PRICING

The MSRP on this system is $1495.00. RPM's normal retail price is $1435.95, which also happens to be the minimum advertised price, as mandated by Brembo.

The introductory pricing ended on March 15, 2007.

AVAILABILITY

The systems are in stock and ready to ship. All caliper colors and brake pads are in stock. Any orders placed will be processed immediately.

HOW TO ORDER

You may order via our website using this link:

http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.ph...products_id=414

Shipping within the continental United States is free. If you live in Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, or elsewhere, please contact us with your postal code in order to obtain a shipping quote.

PICTURES

Brembo couldn't provide us with a picture of the actual kit, but below you will find a stock photo of a very similar kit. This kit has the same 4-piston caliper and one-piece rotor design.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow...is there any template of this kit for testing wheel fitment? It's very important.[/b]
I've attached a PDF that indicates the precise dimensions of the caliper. In case you're unable to picture the drawing in the PDF relative to the rest of the assembly, you can use the picture I've attached as a more generic reference, with A = 41.3, B = 110.5, and C = 191.7

Attachments

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
here is pic of what I think they will look like.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here is pic of what I think they will look like.[/b]
Actually, that appears to be a full-on race setup. The rotors in the picture you posted are 2-piece and seem to be much thicker than 28mm. Additionally the caliper shown appears to be 6 or possibly even 8-piston. If Brembo offered that kit to the public, it would likely be in the $3000-4000 range. The kit that they are offering for the Mazda 6 will look much more similar to the picture in the first post.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the rotors are only available cross-drilled?[/b]
Yes, they are. Brembo offers cross-drilled or slotted on a lot of their BBKs, but they said that since this is such a new product, only cross-drilled will be available.

All cross-drilled holes are bi-angle chamfered at the rotor’s outer surfaces to help reduce the cracking caused by repeated, high stress, high temperature brake applications.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
hook me up lol .. anyone wanna buy a brand new Toshiba Laptop? lmao I need the money.

Since they are all in stock. Can you take pics of them just to give us an idea of how they look and so on and how the color calipers look?

**edit** wow, just found out the pricing.. that is a HELL of a fucking deal man.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
whoa, that really is a good deal. I can't swing it, but it'd be way nice![/b]
We may have an ace in the hole, Dan.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since they are all in stock. Can you take pics of them just to give us an idea of how they look and so on and how the color calipers look?[/b]
Well, they're not in stock here at RPM's primary location, otherwise I would have probably unboxed a set. All of Brembo's 4-piston calipers look the same, so the picture above is accurate with regards to the caliper itself. The rotor is what is different. They were unable to provide me with a picture of the Mazda 6 rotor, but I didn't really feel that would be necessary. I've attached a shot of the 4-piston caliper on a different rotor and an example of the 3 different colors (on a larger caliper).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
jeezzz thats nice stuff... to bad i could never afford it at retail price or even sale price.. unless its under 400 bucks?!? ;)

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Actually, that appears to be a full-on race setup. The rotors in the picture you posted are 2-piece and seem to be much thicker than 28mm. Additionally the caliper shown appears to be 6 or possibly even 8-piston. If Brembo offered that kit to the public, it would likely be in the $3000-4000 range. The kit that they are offering for the Mazda 6 will look much more similar to the picture in the first post.[/b]
Donny, they are a 4 piston system, the price is lower than the $3000-$4000 range, but more expensive than yhour GB price.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Donny, they are a 4 piston system, the price is lower than the $3000-$4000 range, but more expensive than yhour GB price.[/b]
Ah, okay. They look a lot bigger than 4-piston for some reason. Thanks for clarifying.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
aight Donny, who was it? who got the 1st kit? my gf sent me a text as soon as she got off the phone with you, just forgot to ask yesterday. i'd have my kit on the car if i had a car.....just looks like i won't be the 1st one with the Brembo'd i guess. They'll be on before my next track day for sure though. just gonna add the Rotora's to the pile of stuff sitting in my garage for now.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol.. Well, I don't give out personal info, but I'll say that the first kit was shipped to Virginia. It's up to the customer as to whether or not they want to talk about it on here. ;)

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
are they on 6club at least? i know you posted on a couple forums

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Man, Donny you are a class act.

It was me, be here Friday. I have to say this, I am looking forward to that package. :yesnod:
Working on getting it installed next week. I just don't trust myself with this job, brakes are very important.
Also have to say RPM was great, answered all my questions and kept me up to date every step of the way. If every vendor out there had this kind of customer service the world would be a better place...lol.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
congrats man, i'm sure you'll love them!! the week i get my car home i'll be putting the Brembo's on my car, i can't wait!! did you go with red? i'm contemplating yellow or orange right now, but i don't think i'll want to wait, so i'm sure it will end up red.

again, looking forward to input

1 - 20 of 32 Posts