Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have any ideas what the internal differences are between the SBS system and the scbs system? wondering if theres an internal programming change or if theres a completely different camera mounted above the mirror in the windshield?

·
Super Moderator
17,107 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im well aware of the differences and where the sensor array is located, im trying to look into the feasibility of adding the SBS and lane departure onto my Touring with SCBS.

·
Super Moderator
17,107 Posts
Sorry, misunderstood your question.

As far as I know, the touring models come pre-wired for *most* of the Tech package add-ons, including SCBS. Don't quote me on it, but I'm fairly certain you can have them installed after the car leaves the factory.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my touring has the technology package so it already has the smart city brake support (scbs 0-20mph). In the vehicles menu I only see a setting for that. The way the paddle shifters are already programmed across the board I wonder if I were to add the farther viewing camera (if it has a different part number) and the different dash mounted switch panel with the lane departure button, if that would "wake up" the other programming in the system. Wish I could add the MRCC, but that's a whole different animal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts