Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. We here at 5280 Motorsports are about to make a large investment in some new products. We are looking at manufacturing upgraded trim pieces for the interior of the Mazda6. We would initially start with the '03-'05 for both the American and European versions. The trim pieces would be made of the same type of material but they would have a high gloss finish much like a piano. We would offer them in a wide range of colors to match your car's paint as well as some other premium colors. Before we give our manufacturer the ok to start production we want to be sure that this product would sell. We have posted the different packages on our site that we would plan on initially selling. Check out the packages here. If demand for these is good, we would go forward with kits for the '06-'08 models.

Is this something you would put in your car? Let us know please. Thanks.

·
Registered
649 Posts
A lot of members are resorting to painting those pieces themselves. If you have a good price I know they would sell. I think I would even consider a set.

·
Registered
158 Posts
would like to see the approx pricing.. but am very interested.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Yes it does. An aftermarket stereo or nav like the Pioneer AVIC-Z3 will fit perfectly in it.[/b]
If that's the case, the trim kits that include the dash kits might work for 03-08 since as far as I know, the differences between the years are the radio, shifter area and cupholders. I'd love to see some pics!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If that's the case, the trim kits that include the dash kits might work for 03-08 since as far as I know, the differences between the years are the radio, shifter area and cupholders. I'd love to see some pics![/b]
I think you're right. We don't want to manufacture the '06-'08 until we know if the '03-'05 are going to sell. The other things that changed in the '06-'08 are the door handles as well. It wouldn't be too hard to make those other pieces, but there would be more costs associated for us. I'll get some pics for you as soon as I can.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I think you're right. We don't want to manufacture the '06-'08 until we know if the '03-'05 are going to sell. The other things that changed in the '06-'08 are the door handles as well. It wouldn't be too hard to make those other pieces, but there would be more costs associated for us. I'll get some pics for you as soon as I can.[/b]
So for the 06-08 with the dash kit, the only different part you might need for us would be the door handles since I believe the 03-05 center console stuff fits on the 06-08.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So for the 06-08 with the dash kit, the only different part you might need for us would be the door handles since I believe the 03-05 center console stuff fits on the 06-08.[/b]
I think so. The '06-'08 doesn't have a door cover over the cupholders but I'm pretty sure you could use a piece from an '03-'05 and put it on your car. Also, does your ash tray have a cover over it to make it smooth with the rest of the console? If we get a big enough demand for the '06-'08 we will produce them. The only piece we haven't designed yet is the shift panel for the navigation packages that have the remote by the shifter. We'll have to order one and have it designed if there is a demand for it.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I think so. The '06-'08 doesn't have a door cover over the cupholders but I'm pretty sure you could use a piece from an '03-'05 and put it on your car. Also, does your ash tray have a cover over it to make it smooth with the rest of the console? If we get a big enough demand for the '06-'08 we will produce them. The only piece we haven't designed yet is the shift panel for the navigation packages that have the remote by the shifter. We'll have to order one and have it designed if there is a demand for it.[/b]
Ohhh, so as I understand the dash kit is like Metra (only hopefully better quality, hehe) and the rest are trim pieces like overlays?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ohhh, so as I understand the dash kit is like Metra (only hopefully better quality, hehe) and the rest are trim pieces like overlays?[/b]
Every piece we offer will be a complete replacement for that specific part. We are not making overlays (cheap in our opinion), we are making replacement pieces. These trim pieces will undergo a 4-coat paint process and will have a beautiful luster to them. So as for the better quality comment, they are. (Not biased or anything ;) it's just our goal to make a better product)

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Every piece we offer will be a complete replacement for that specific part. We are not making overlays (cheap in our opinion), we are making replacement pieces. These trim pieces will undergo a 4-coat paint process and will have a beautiful luster to them. So as for the better quality comment, they are. (Not biased or anything ;) it's just our goal to make a better product)[/b]
Very cool. Can't wait to see pictures and prices!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
will this double din kit work like the metra kit (ie. Retain control of top lcd)[/b]
If these are single and double dins like Metra, I guarantee you'll get a lot of people wanting to buy. Perhaps even offer just the radio dash kits along with the full trim kits. There are currently no double dins available and people are drooling for one to be produced.

·
Registered
97 Posts
will this double din kit work like the metra kit (ie. Retain control of top lcd)[/b]
Hell ya! I'll be watching this thread with keen interest, especially at the prospect of a high quality dashkit for the MS6 and an aftermarket stereo!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
QUOTE (fxtrt @ May 28 2008, 05:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1357233
Would pieces be available to purchase separately?[/b]
The kits we are going to offer are listed on our website @ mazda.5280-motorsports.com/Mazda6.asp.
We are considering selling only the stereo pieces as well.

QUOTE (ZOOMZOOM43 @ May 28 2008, 09:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1357319
Yes it will. Your lcd will still display the time and hvac features.

QUOTE (SamSamSam @ May 29 2008, 01:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1357450
Man I'm interested ..06+ in piano black..[/b]
It looks like the '06-'08 kits may go into production at the same time...we just want to feel comfortable with our investment so we would feel more at ease with the decision if we get more posts. It's looking good though.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts