Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i plan to put some interior LEDs under my dash where the feet are. I am planning on connecting it to the 12V fuse that is on without the keys. Also I am going to put a switch into the wiring. Before i do so can someone check if my wiring is correct. The switch I am using has 3 plugs because one is used to power the little LED on the switch. Thanks in advance :).

(black wire is the ground wire, and the red is the other one (not sure if its + or -)) :)

edit: oh wait, i forgot i was connecting it to the fuse instead of a 12V battery which is what i drew. So just imagine the red wire going to the fuse and the black wire is connected to a ground wire.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
why would u "ground" ur leds instead of powering them? or i got the diagram wrong?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually i drew them wrong :( What i don't get is where the switch comes into this picture. I have the power supply, ground wire is connected to the ground side of the LEDs and the power side is connected to the power side of the LED but where does the switch come in???

·
Registered
149 Posts
Black wires are usally GND and Red usally hot, or +. However, to be sure, just go purchase a cheap little multi meter, that way there is no mistake. LED's are polarity sensitive. They, in most cases, need a positive voltage to illuminate. The switch is in line with your hot wire in most cases. Cut your positive wire, attach both ends to the switch terminals and mount your switch.... Here's a simple diagram:

[attachmentid=17440]

Good Luck...

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts