Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the black cloth interior and since I bought the car a month ago, I have not wiped down the dash. So of course, there is a decent build-up of dust/lint. The dash has a pretty funky texture to it which allows lots of linto to settle on it.

Does anyone reccommend a particular product to clean it and protect iy without damaging it?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Reading Topic: Interior Car Care Products

I use the Armor All Cleaning Wipes... it takes about 2 for the entire front dash and side panels. They don't leave blotches like a lot of cleaners do and it picks up dust and lint great.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

i'm with nico...as much as people may hate the armor all products, i used the armor all protectant cleaning wipes this past weekend, and it did it's job...didn't leave streaks or anything!

-yasir

·
Registered
721 Posts

Damn... forgot to login before writing the reply. argh~~
Anyways, when I did undercoating, exterior and interior protective coating, the owner of store told me not to use those armor all products. He said that the best thing to clean the interior is just wet cloth. Reason being it can(?) demage it. ?? Is there any trueth in that? Any opinions?

·
Registered
492 Posts

that "Armor-All damages dash" is a rumor... If it's true, Armor-all would have been out of business long time ago. I've used in my old car for 16 years and the dash is like new. The oil moisturizes the vinyl and also has UV protectant. I do think that you have to continue using it to maintain the dash.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Interior Car Care Products'

Originally posted by Nico

I use the Armor All Cleaning Wipes... it takes about 2 for the entire front dash and side panels.  They don't leave blotches like a lot of cleaners do and it picks up dust and lint great.[/b]
I use the same and you are not adding Armor all coating to your dash. These are just a cleaner wipe made by Armor All, not the shiny stuff.

Just to keep up on the dust in between cleaning I use the generic brand of Swifter dust wipes.

·
Registered
721 Posts

Thanks guys.... Feels better now. ;)

·
Registered
492 Posts

Hi eva,

I didn't notice that you got the interior protection... I am assuming that it's the fabric treatment a la Scotchguard for the seats, so I don't know if armor-all will affect your vinyl dash... Do check with a few other people for sure.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I've seen those Armor All wipes. I'll pick some up at Walmart next time. The Armor Protective finish (regular glossy and slippery stuff) doesn't really clean, it just protects. So the dust just gets gooped up on the dash.

I'll try the wipes....

·
Registered
721 Posts

I have some white lines lower side of door. I tried to clean it off with armor all cleaning wipes and it disappears when I wipe but it comes back after it dries off. Any suggestion on cleaning these? (it looks like the marks has been made by shoes.... my guess..)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

eva...definitely show marks.....i have them too....not sure how to get them off, casue there scuff marks, tho a little scrubbing did the trick. Of course not even an hour later, the next time i got out of my car, i scuffed them with my shoes again. It's an on going battle. Try scrubbing at them a little.

-yasir

·
Registered
272 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Interior Car Care Products'

Originally posted by meat6

I use the same and you are not adding Armor all coating to your dash. These are just a cleaner wipe made by Armor All, not the shiny stuff.

Just to keep up on the dust in between cleaning I use the generic brand of Swifter dust wipes.[/b]
Armor All makes two kinds of wipes, Cleaning Wipes and Protectant Wipes. I haven't tried the protectant wipes yet but the cleaning wipes I do use.

·
Registered
721 Posts

imammy,
What did you use to scrubb that marks off? Any good products?

·
Registered
77 Posts

I use Swiffer's to dust, Meguiars Gold Class Dash Foam, on the dash and plastic work and Meguiars Gold Class Leather Wipes on the seats. Both products work great and do not leave any oil residue like Armor-All does.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

eva.....It was actually just the armor-all protectant wipes, with a lot of knuckle busting scrubbing. For the most part it came off, but that part of the door definitely scuffs really quickly.

-yasir

1 - 15 of 15 Posts