Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious if you guys or gals ever had an issue with your possibly tranny squeaking with changing gears? I have a 04 MTX with only 25K on it. Never had any issues and only do spirited driving on very rare occasions. I was curious if anyone had this issue or knew how to resolve it.....

Also, plastic squeaking on the steering wheel, I have lubed and lubed and cannot make it go away, anyone got any suggestions?

I tried to search the forums for some squeaking and couldn't find anything, I think the search tool is broken so sorry if this question has already been asked.

Thanks.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have the same problem as yours. But I ONLY get it when I shift it from 2nd to 3rd ONLY if I'm driving it hard. Otherwise it's really normal.

BTW, congrats on becoming a Tack Racer!! You've just reached the 100 posts mark!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha Ha, I just noticed that, thanks......I get mine from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd......and when I downshift between 4th and 3rd, 3rd and 2nd......other than that its great between 4th and 5th.

Curious if I should make it stock and take it back to the dealership.......

·
Registered
402 Posts
Umm... I don't think there should be a problem. Cuz you haven't really installed anything for the tranny... so it should be covered under the warranty. But once again, that depends alot on your dealership...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was reading up through google, apparently it just needs to be lubed up really good in the clutch area, but it wasn't very descriptive, I think if you sprayed a bunch of lube in there you would have a lot of slippage. I am a moron when it comes to mechanics, so I am taking it in for a lube order......

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I have the same problem as yours. But I ONLY get it when I shift it from 2nd to 3rd ONLY if I'm driving it hard. Otherwise it's really normal.

BTW, congrats on becoming a Tack Racer!! You've just reached the 100 posts mark![/b]
Do you guys have a upgraded engine mount? From what it sounds like it may be the stock mount. I had a simular sound when shifting at high rpms, but I have haven't heard it since I installed the CPE mount. It used to really bother the crap out of me.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I have one sitting in my garage, maybe I oughta skip work and put that on......Thanks for the heads up man, I will give that a try and let you guys know what happens.[/b]
Oh brother priorities!!!!! You must skip work and install that sucker :yesnod: Let us know if it helps with the shifting noise.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right, so I go into my garage open the box up because last week got pretty crazy for me and I wasn't able to do the install. I start to inventory everything that came with the engine mount and I noticed that I have no spacers......

So, My question is, what size spacers do I need, or do I even need the spacers?....I don't think CPE would have shorted me unless of course they weren't necessary for the install, but better safe than sorry.

The squeak is so dang loud now I don't even want to drive my car. 2004 Mazda6 S MTX if any of you have installed, do you have spacers?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Figured the problem out after all, it was the stupid Kartboy Exhaust Hangers.....a little bit of spray and the sound went away, but once it dissipated, it came back......don't think its going away either.....

·
Registered
431 Posts
If you have a CPE intake it could be that.. When the car twists/bounces etc (shifting for example) the CPE pipe moves and squeaks. I have noticed mine doing that the last couple days because it got cold here. (cold weather makes the CPE squeak more)

·
Registered
431 Posts
I checked mine pretty thoroughly because the sqeek is driving me nuts on mine. The pedals themselves dont squeak. It only squeaks when I amd shifting from stop to 1st, then 2nd etc. Typically 4th and 5th do NOT squeak. It also happens when my car "bounces" front to back (let off gas at high rpm etc).

Im almost certain the cause is the CPE intake. The engine moves quite a bit when shifting etc and that moves the CPE itself. Cold weather seems to amplify the problem too.

I plan to craft a brace for the CPE so it is hard mounted rather than just loose in the engine compartment. (never understood that design, other cars I've had the CAI have always been tied down in some way on the TB and the other end.)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.